1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A proud owner of Italian Beauty - Punto 90 hp..

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by rahul16, Aug 24, 2011.

1. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Hi everyone..
    This is Rahul from cochin. i am really happy to be part of this forum as ithelped me out it taking the decision to go for Punto 90hp....as people say ijust fell for the Italian. Thanks guys....

I have booked by GP on last Friday and i am getting it delivered on comingfriday.Every other formalities is done by today. Pretty excited...I think iwill be the few who is lucky enough to see the vehicle and do the PDI evenbefore booking is done. Last friday went with the sales guy from Concord sawthe vehicle did the PDI then only i booked it. I should really say ConcordCochin service was excellent till now. Especially the sales guy Mr. ArunKumar B- Concord Cochin. Anyone in Cochin looking to buy Gp/linea irecommend him. You can always refer my name. If u want his no just send me apersonal message. He is having sound knowledge abt the beauty and was reallyhelpful. This is what Fiat needed in all other dealerships.... sorry to say beci tried RF Cochin & Kullathunkal Tvm before considering Concord...

Jst to rewind back......

My decision to go for a hatch back was decided by last march. First one thatcaptured my eyes was i20. I was bit attracted towards the design and otherreason was the service center was just 3 kms from my home. Booked for TD theybought the vehicle to home i20 diesel magna. Was not that impressed with thehandling and power..Felt like a bit bumpy ride.. Then swift...the waitingperiod was more than 6 months so didn’t even consider..

That’s the time my friend bought Figo , The first thing that attracted me wasthe space.. in the small car. i drived the vehicle on a long drive and it wasok for me. The initial pick up and the ac was dam gud.... the price also favoredfor figo. That’s the time i spoke to one of my old friend who owns i20 andpunto... he right away said don’t even think for i20 jst go for punto ie theideal one for you.... that’s the time punto came to picture..

Fiat as a brand i loved it, my dad had a Premier padmini and i learned mydriving skills in it. I used it for almost 4-5 years 15 years before.... theroar of the vehicle<v:shape style="width: 11.25pt; height: 12.75pt; visibility: visible; mso-wrap-style: square;" id="Picture_x0020_2" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif" o:spid="_x0000_i1026"> <v:imagedata o:title="icon_razz" src="file:///C:\Users\bose\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>people used to stare at you, that was the muscle and power it had... i lovedthat vehicle, never ever met with even a small accident with it the entire timewe had. Felt safe inside it.

I was in tvm during march and one of my friend was the sales head of entireKullathunkal motors. I spoke to him and he arranged my TD right away...thefirst time when i took the vehicle i could feel how strong the vehicle.. Breakingdam excellent and felt so comfortable...Jst fell for the vehicle rightaway...... spoke to SH and jst worked out the costing and did a greatbargaining with my friend.he gave me a gud deal that time. But unfortunatelythings didn’t work that time as i had to divert my finance for some otheremergency.... thought let me wait for sometime and the rumor of evo started tocome. Decided will wait as it was mentioned that time it will be in market byoct- nov2011. Whenever a punto passes i started admiring it...

Months passed away... i was doing constant research on GP,then i heard aboutthe upgrade offer launch. Felt like should i wait for evo or not and july jstlike that went as i got pre-occupied. Then the august offer came... saw it papergot attracted but as i was busy didnt check with dealers... by last week... mymind started twinkling,i decided let me jst check out....

Once back from ekm i jst dropped in at Figo showroom did a TD collected all thedetails jst for sake and the next stop was RF Cochin for punto.. Heard Rf hadlots of complaints with regard to Fiat Vehicles and delivery usually take morethan a month ,Sad to say the service was not upto the mark and the sales guy isnot aware of vehicle details.... as the forum helped me in understanding thingsi had a upper hand. Did the TD of 75 & 90 bhp... he gave me the offerdetails and freebies details.... as it was late i didn’t go to Concord as itwas quite far.

In between i did spoke to one of the member here THAMPURU he referred me thesales guy there in Concord.Once back at home.. spoke to him and he said he willcome with the vehicle next day to my home.I almost decided that i will buy thevehicle this months itself. He came at the right time.... it was a Tuscan wine90hp loved the colour but my mind was always for BNW. The sales guy was quiteknowledgeable abt the vehicle. I jst did the TD jst to drive it bec by now iknow the vehicle..... After TD negotiation started as i had the details fromother dealers i bargained for a gud price and freebies. Spend with this guyalmost 3 hours.... got everything in written. Now the biggest part to get thisAugust offer the vehicle has to be billed this month... that was a shock to mebec i know even if i book it will take more than 10-15 days to deliver and noway i can get it.

Sales guy mentioned there is one BNW left in yard from the last lot it came, aswhite moves often they book it in advance. i was not convinced by it.. lot ofthings started going through my mind... it must be a old one which is beingused for TD. I told him to get the VIN no right now. He got it and i checked itwas June 2011makes still was not convinced i want to make sure its not beingused for TD.... though the Concord has 2 vehicles fr TD. Next day morn itselfwent there he took me to yard there were lots of Gp lying there fr delivery...i started searching fr my beauty.... there it is.. in between 2 TATA Aria.....did the full PDI( thanks to forum ) couldt even find anything suspicious andeven checked the floors to see if any sand particles are there. It was infactory condition.... didn’t think twice... right away went to their office...spend another 2-3 hours checking out the freebies what they are offering if itsgenuine or not. Did hard bargaining with the manager to see what else i canget... finally settled.. payed the Booking amount and booked it <v:shape style="width: 11.25pt; height: 12.75pt; visibility: visible; mso-wrap-style: square;" id="Picture_x0020_3" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"> <v:imagedata o:title="icon_e_smile" src="file:///C:\Users\bose\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>.If i had waited for some more time it must have gone for some other guys asthey are getting lots of bookings now.....

From then own started my work arranging the finance... did everything by today.Made sure that payment and other formalities was done by today morn itself. Sothat they get 2 days to their formalities and i can get the delivery... onemore day to go........

Planning lots of trips.. let see....... updating with PDI pics.

Thanks
    Rahul

DSCN2610.jpg DSCN2609.jpg DSCN2616.jpg DSCN2613.jpg

DSCN2610.jpg DSCN2609.jpg DSCN2616.jpg DSCN2613.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
  2. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Will update with my driving experience once i have my GP....
  3. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Rahul,Congratulations on the purchase. And so many puntos together in the stockyard. This must be a big dealer of Fiat.
    Feels good to see so many puntos together.
    One query, in one photo there is a blue punto, But my SA told me that this color is discontinued some 1 year back. Have they restarted this color now?
  4. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Thanks Niranjan..... when i spoke to SA he said sales is on high in the last 2 months bec of the upgrade offer. I was also suprised to see Blue, bec of excitement i didnt check with him that time... will update you with that...
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Rahul congratulations for 90HP GP :). Welcome 90s club :lol

@ Niranjan, Blue Punto is discountinued, this Punto might be from old stock. Even Pandit Auto Stockyard at Hinjewadi has Electric Blue Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack from 2010 stock.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hey Congrats on your BNW..Please do post pics after you get the car!! :)
  7. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    welcome to the 90HP club. BNW rocks. Waiting for more pics.
  8. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Got the Beauty...90hp

hi guys.....

happy to see that forum is back :) Finally on Aug 26 i got my Gp within a weeks time of booking. Service from Concord Cochin was excellent till now... hope it goes on. Updating the pics....will update with reviews in coming days...

rahul

DSCN2674.jpg DSCN2686.jpg DSCN2662.jpg DSCN2626.jpg
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations and happy motoring.
    Isn't the front grill chrome???
  10. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Congratulations Rahul....love the dark tints u've put on ur car (details please :) )