1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A proud owner of a month old Punto Dynamic MJD, but with a sad experience.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by raj@tfi, Apr 24, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Lets be realistic - NO manufacturer is going to replace your car for rattles & I doubt any court of law anywhere in the world will rule in favour of replacement for rattles. Best option is to try and work with your dealer to get the issue resolved, in case, Prerna is not able to solve this problem, approach another dealer for the same.

It's better not to focus too much on PDI. Dealer's across manufacturer's merely stamp the booklet which stands as proof that PDI was done. In reality, they probably do nothing.

I hope your issues are resolved to your satisfaction and do update the forum with the same.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Take it to a Bosch center if you have one and get the door pads removed. use 3M tape to tie any loose wires etc.
  3. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Thanks to all for taking their time writing, trying to address my situation.

Now, here is the update.

I wrote to Rajeev Kapoor( though he never replied, as expected) and CCed the mail to Mangesh Kodalkar.

Mangesh replied back stating this issue is taken on priority. The next day i got a call from Prerana, the dealer. The call was from the servicing manager.He wanted to fix an appointment with me and an Engineer from Fiat. However from his talks I didnt get real confidence on him.

So what I did i called up the Fiat coordinator named Rajesh Hariharan ( his contact was mentioned in the email of Mangesh). I spoke with him and he made the Fiat Engineer named Jacob, call me the same day. The Fiat eng was supposed to solve an issue with another car at KHT motors and we decided to meet.

So finally, after the diagnosis the Fiat engineer said that it was a door lock alignment issue and got it fixed from KHT motors. After a small test drive the noises were gone and i was happy.

However after i drove from office yesterday (saturday) the noises are back again. Now from the front right door as well.

There was also a new continuous loud THUD sound coming from somewhere beneath the car, under the bonet somewhere...

I have again written to Mangesh and awaiting his response....
  4. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I had to call the Fiat co-ordinator Rajesh hariharan, to atleast get the loud thud noise rectified coming from beneath the car. He right away called KHT and arranged for a technician to come to my place to check. He came and found that the link rod connecting the left front suspension was not tight enough and wasnt locked. He helped to tighten and lock the screw and that resolved the loud thud noise. However the rear suspension noise is still there to be resolved and i need to take the brand new car to the KHT workshop once again.. 5th time actually in just 1 month of purchase of the car... Is there anyone in this world who can realy take this easily and calmly....taking a brand new month old car 5 to 6 times to the workshop for some issue or the other....TEAM FIAT please help me here.....
  5. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    Raj: It is quite frustrating to keep visiting the service station. Call the TATA guys and don't let them sleep, until you get the issues fixed. I underwent the same trouble too and had to keep running from Pillar to Post, until I had it all sorted. Please Let me know if you need some TATA/FIAT contacts, I will PM you.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  6. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Yes, please let me know the contacts.

7. Punter's

Punter's

Nai Dilli
    Ahhh ! I wanted to wish for buying a new car but the agony you are facing is hindering me to take a call on that. Anyway, congratulations man for the new car. Just look at it from a total package and not small issues (please spare me saying small issues).

As many suggested, do not let the dealer sleep peacfully unless your issue is not resolved.

All the best.
  8. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    congrats for your new car...and sad to hear this. I dont know if it is Prerana motors fault or Fiat indias. i think you better go to Concorde or KHT.

By the way my story with Prerana is not good too - they were selling me Jan manufactured vehicle by saying it is June made. When i saw the chassis number I could easily found it was AMZ Bronzo Scuro and not FMZ. After which they were not ready to change the vehicle. Then they told Bronzo scuro color is not available anywhere in India and out of production, you have to choose from SBB, TW, Black or white. I checked with KHT and they were able to get it - they showed me their inventory list as well. But problem with KHT was "H" symbol was not there in any of their vehicle in showroom, so I had a doubt.
    Concorde is best in pre sales and i told them I want a thorough PDI of the vehicle. Cancelled my booking at Prerana and booked at Concorde. They are pretty good. I am sure your work will not be such a problem, expert technicians can fix the rattling noise. Also, plz keep sending emails and everything in writing - its a good way to deal with them and get your work done in front of yourself so that they dont do any quick fix.
  9. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Now the car is with Prerana Kudlu gate . They took it the last Sat.

After writing much and a pathetic experience of KHT, the car is at Prerana workshop, Kudlu gate bangalore. They took the car last week on Sat.

I am very worried if they break something which is not broken and dont fix which really needs a repair. Prerana Peenya did the same thing.

To fix the ratttling noises, they messed up with the front left and right door speakers. They couldnt fix anything, neither KHT.

I dont know whats there in the destiny of this car.

Fiat is not at all bothered about what customers are expriencing after spending a lot of money.

No one is there to approach for help and no one takes accountibility. How long someone is supposed to write emails and get help. How long somebody would beg for help after spending a lot of money......
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Incidents like these make one believe that those who talk about pathetic Fiat after sales service are indeed right. Fiat has made a real mess of what could have been a easily solved situation.

Link rods are a problem from day one, it's amazing that Fiat hasn't been able to solve this issue till date. Clearly, it's a QC problem at Fiat's plant because the problem is solved at the dealer's end so it can't be faulty parts.

I think we have two options:

1.) If you are a subscriber to AutoCar India then ask them for help. They have a section in their magazine for this and they report on how the manufacturer responded to the customer / ACI's emails for help.

2.) If you can, take the car to a dealer in another city and get this problem solved. I don't know where you are located but driving 200-300 kms to another dealer would be a risk worth taking.

I would not blame the dealer's here. Dealer's behave like this when they know they can get away with not solving problems. Clearly, Fiat either has no leverage on this dealer or is not interested in resolving this issue. When a customer has to email the CEO and service head at the plant for rattles & he still doesn't get a solution then it clearly shows something is dangerously wrong with the company!

Fiat can open 2000 dealerships in India but until they don't get their basic processes right, they will never be able to become a big player in India.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012