1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A proud owner of a month old Punto Dynamic MJD, but with a sad experience.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by raj@tfi, Apr 24, 2012.

1. raj@tfi

Hi People,

I bought an Exotic-Red Punto Dynamic MJD, just a month back from Prerana motors, lal bagh road, Bangalore. I was very happy during the day of delivery. The delivery was right on time. However , as soon as i took the car out of the showroom, and might have just travelled 2 kms, I started to hear rattling noises from the Cabin light and also from the Front left door/window. I didnt take the car back to the showroom, but wanted to drive it for a day or two to examine the noises or other issues if there were any. But I had informed the prerana sales Supervisor about the issue, the same day.

The noise didnt diminish, rather started to increase. I had received a Thank you letter from the Senior manager sales (prerana) and that letter had his contact number. I called him straight away after 2 days of delivery and informed about the issue, and wanted to get an answer as to why this was not figured out prior delivery or even during PDI check. He had no answer, but a day later he visited me at my office premises, to check the car and also to meet me, along with one his colleagues who was a senior supervisor at the prerana servicing center, (Peenya workshop).

I explained them the issue, and the next day one of their drivers picked the car to the workshop and gave it back to me in the evening same day. To my utter disappointment the noises were still there.

I again called the sr sales mgr and the sr supervisor the next day, and drove all the way 42 kms from my home to their workshop to rectify the issue.

They got a so called experienced fiat mechanic to drive the car , to find the root cause of the issue. Finally The cabin light noises are a bit less now, but the front left door/window rattling noise is rather increased and they couldnt do anything about it...They seemed to have fixed the issue but the noises are back again.

I know its a long story and thanks to all for reading it patiently. Now please someone guide me as to what do i do to get the rattling noises rectified. Its a brand new car with manufacturing issues here and there. However the engine and all electronic components appear to work perfectly fine so far.

2. theblack

theblack Esperto

This is really really sad buddy, it almost takes away you're joy of owning a new car itself.
    Anyway first question.
    "Did you have the H symbol being displayed on the MID at the time of delivery."

Also since you're car is just a few days old.. I think you can demand that a new car.. Try to work with the sales executive or even the manager and see if things can be sorted out..
    I think you can also mail Rajeev and CC the showroom guys for better and faster response.

Try to also keep a log of all the visits you do to the showroom and also voice recordings of you're conversations that you have with the sales/technical team.
    it might come in handy, should the need arise.

Best of luck..
    Really sorry to hear this ...
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Minor rattles exist in all manufacturers cars here & there...

But they need to be fixed...

I;m going to Aadya tmrw to get them fied..last time they did not fix it
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  4. raj@tfi

Thanks lot "theblack;103069" for the suggestion to write to Rajeev. I have written to Rajeev today and awaiting his response. I hope this is his correct email address rajeev.kapoor at fiat dot com and also hope that he responds to emails.

I had asked for replacement already few days ago itself, but the sales manager stated that unless its some electronic or major mechanical issue, replacement wouldnt be possible. Morever i would have pay the road tax again for the replacement new car. Not sure if all that he stated is true.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Hi Raj, first of all welcome to tfi!!
    Is it a 2012 dynamic? did you do a PDI before taking the delivery?

Hoping that answers to the above questions are yes, rattles can be quite irritating but at the end of the day its a minor issue which the SC should be able to resolve.

I would suggest, if prerana guys are not doing it then try out concorde, dairy circle. Its quite good.

also the email id you mentioned in the above post is incorrect. For email ids check the following thread:

If required, i would suggest send email to Mangesh. he is the person who responds to fiatians' concerns.

And lastly don't worry too much! puntos are not known for rattles so i m sure it will be rectified to your satisfaction pretty soon. you need to persevere little bit with Fiats and you will be rewarded with smiles once you take them out on the highways.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

I would second this opinion too...
    Meet the floor guy called "Somu" , hes really really a good guy and will fix things for you.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad to see brand new car has rattles, but don't worry it is just the case of locating exact reason behind the rattle.
    I would suggest please go through this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/561-squeaks-rattles-niggles.html - and try to see if you can find yourself the exact location of rattling.
    Else, take it to Concorde or KHT (whichever is near to you) and take help to identify the issue. Most of the rattling issue will be difficult to locate, but pretty easy to fix.

And request for exchanging or emailing CEO will not help. Better email to service@fiapl.
  8. raj@tfi

Hi Shams,

Thanks man for directing me to the link which has the correct email address. I did get a reply from fiat yesterday and today got a call from Prerana SC. They say that they would now involve fiat engineer to examine the issue and resolve at the earliest...

Yes, its the 2012 Dynamic model. Prerana has confirmed to me several times that PDI was done.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for directing me to the link below. Yes, I think that unless it an engine or some other technical issue, they will not offer me a replacement of the car. Prerana called me today and assured that they will fix this issus and they are involving Fiat engineer now.

9. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

Please keep us posted with your findings. As mentioned by others, rattling is quite common, but you will start falling in love with your angel each time you get to drive. Just try to get these fixed, as these are quite an easy fix most of the times. Then you'll experience true eaudaemonia. Happy Motoring Buddy.:car
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hope your rattling issue wilk be fixed soon and you will be having a great drive.
    For sure its a small negligence....
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012