1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Probable FIAT-ian..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by King CM, Jun 30, 2014.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello All,
    This is CM from Bangalore.(Not the karnataka CM though !!). Just my initials..

It is nice to get into a FORUM full of passionate FIATians.

Trying to become one by getting a 2014 Linea MJD Emotion.
    Have checked the 2014 Linea MJD in flesh in KHT Caffe. Waiting for a TD from KHT/Aadya !!

I Own a TATA Indigo XL for the past 9 years, clocking ~120000 KMs with lot of highway drives in Karnataka and Tamilnadu.
    Both my car and family insisting me to go for a change of CAR !!:)

Have few queries on deciding on a Linea, which I will post in a separate thread.
    I hope I get few of my queries answered by expert Fiat enthusiasts and owners and help my decision.

Nice to get introduced to you all.

- CM :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    welcome brother!! Go ahead and check out linea; i doubt u will regret:)
  3. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore

Thanks Abhishek. Just waiting for the TD, which would make the real first impression.

Any tips on how long should be my TD on the linea ?? They say they can give it for a max of 5 Kms as per FIAT rules.

- CM
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ask the sales guy to show the Fiat rules :).

Take TD as much as you want. If taking it from KHT Fiat Caffe, in case of any issue, contact the boss there (adit_morzaria@khtfiatcaffe.com).

Welcome to TFI.
    1 person likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As said by Ravi, there are no as such rules; take TD in the route where you wan to test it to and on roads which you would be generally driving. 10-15 kms will easily be covered during these.
  6. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi. I am taking it from KHT Fiat Caffe. Will definitely mail Adit, if need arises. :rolleyes:

Yes Abhishek. I would like to take TD in slow traffic as well as in a longer stretch. As you said, it would be easily 15 Kms for this.
    Waiting for KHT Caffe guys to call me for the TD. Promised time is 3.00 pm today. Lets see.

- CM
  7. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    KHT could not make the commitment for some reasons. I was a bit disappointed. :(

Spoke to another Sales person, but they said today was not possible. "Can i arrange tomorrow ?"
    I was not ready to beleive and checked if some Senior level KHT personnel can give me a commitment.

Then left it there for about 30 mins and called up Vecto Motors for a try to check if they had a TD vehicle for today.
    Linea MJD for TD was there in my office within 50 mins flat.

I appreciate Vecto Motors(Suhas) quick service within such a short time. Was impressed.
    For whatever reasons, they were near my place at that time or could come quickly, this is customer service at best.(Even for a TD).

Took the TD for 10 Kms in Outer Ring Road. 5 PM traffic was huge. So couldnt get a good stretch for a full press of the pedal.

Neverthless, was happy for a quick TD from Vecto.

Initially I felt the1st and 2nd Gear ratio is short and doesnt accelerate well at all.
    3rd above 2000 RPM was OK and 4th/5th fine.

Tried with A/C and without A/C. Not much of a difference.

It took some time to get adjusted from my Indigo TDI 1st/2nd Gear to that of the Linea.

After getting adjusted, I was able to time it properly to an extent and get the juice out of it in 1st / 2nd.

Seating position has to get adjusted. I am around 5.6 and need to find a comfortable position by increasing seat height and backrest.

Turning Radius is biiiig. But, still manageable.

Overall, I am satisfied with the TD and the vehicle performance. :ugeek:
    For a TATA Indigo TDI vehicle owner, it is a more satisfying experience, even though not a compromise.

Now I have few questions in mind, noted down, Which i will post later.

Also, Will take another TD from KHT or Aadya at a lean time when traffic is less to get more satisfied.:D

- CM
    2 people like this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As you are getting good service from vecto , you can ask them again for a TD for checking high speed performance.
  9. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    That is also a good suggestion Abhishek. Probably, I can go to their showroom and ask for TD, as they are located almost on the highway. Will try.
  10. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi all,
    Had my second Test Drive from KHT Caffe. Finally they arranged a TD yesterday.

This time I took it for 20 kms on a broader stretch. And as it was my second trial, I could get some control over 1st/2nd Gear.
    Still need to get it right for the sweet spot, where the engine opens up for the push on the pedal in 1st/2nd.

I could use more of 4th and 5th in this stretch and could push upto 100 kph.
    The accelerator is sufficiently light, (not hard as in my Indigo Diesel or Rapid which I tested).
    The clutch play is also smooth(not tight), though it has a longer play.

Ofcourse, the steering is a little tight, but i think it is a matter of getting used to.

The only drawback :p is the engine or the vehicle does not give the feedback that i am running @ 100 Kph :D.
    My Indigo would scream above 80 and tell me you are in so and so speed. :evilsmile
    So, have to be careful, atleast inside the city. On highways though it will be a smooth cruise.

The Suspension setup was good, though I didnt get any acute curves to check body roll.
    I could test some potholes, and it was ok bcoz of the High Ground clearance.

I just commented to the Sales guy that the Front Grill chrome fit looks like, somebody smiling with braces on the teeth.
    FIAT could have probably made it tad little simpler with a lean chrome finish.

Neverthless, once i finished TD, was walking alone with a grin on my face, as the ride was smooth.
    Looked odd as i was smiling alone without anyone around me.

As I said, I will post few queries in the Pre-Sales section.

Experts, Please help me out.

- CM
    1 person likes this.