1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    But CS 50 is not clear...they have dark tint right?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It's within legal limits of 50% VLT for side windows so no worry about it being dark.
    From inside visibility would be almost same
  3. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    It is not about being dark, but about visibility in night and night+rain .....
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I haven't noticed any significant diff in visibility in my friends Punto with CR50 and neither on my linea with IC Elite
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For best visibility you will have to opt for CR70 all over. This is the only way out.
  6. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    And btw, though we use exactly CS 50 or legally approved tint, if the cops/rta obstructs on road and argue that it doesn't look legal and its too dark, what in that case? Also remember that they generally dont hold any machine or instrument to check the value. What should be done?

I asked the same question to one of my local detailing shop. He said, then V-Kool should be preferred as they provide a certificate/warranty card type of thing reg. the material used and the respective VLT/Heat/UV Rejection ratios etc.

Any other brands provide such certificate kinda things?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    An Incident

Last Thursday evening, while I was returning back to my home, my car was hit at the rear bumper by a ruthless motorcycle rider :firey. Even before I came out of my car, he fled and vanished away from my sight. This was the impact.

20120412_191926.jpg

20120412_191913.jpg

That evening, I was totally upset and called a known person at TAFE Service, Chennai. He asked me visit them and that they will try to remove the dent. I also called fellow TFI'ian linealover and he offered to inspect the car in person to provide his recommendations. Before I could take all these options, I drove the car for around 50 kms on Friday and came back home to notice that the dent has gone. Yes Guys. It's Gone on its own. :)

20120413_153657.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    6 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like your Linea is a.k.a Wolverine who has self healing powers. :)
    2 people like this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What do i say? This is ridiculous for a car with a self dent removal feature:mrgreen:.
    What was the temperature when you drove it yesterday?
    may be due to heat & softer/flexible component of bumper, it realigned itself.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Lets add it to the features list.