1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  2. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Ram, where did you see the pics of New Linea in Turkey? Can you give me the link?
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    ramjn: I am hijacking your thread for the time being. Sorry :) I have a question to ask. This thread is the most active and comes first in list hence hijacking this thread. :)

A new 3M car care has opened up right next to my office building. I visited the center yesterday. They gave me a demo of sunfilm there. Top most in the line CR 70 something. It blocks almost 90-95 % heat. Its amazing. I havent applied sun film on the transparent yet, but temperature is going sky high. Its scorching sun in Bangalore too. I love the plain glass rather than tinted ones. Its gorgeous. But I guess I have to budge. I am planning on this CR 70 on all glasses. It will cost around 23 K. No discounts offered, may be I have to pamper him a bit. What do you guys suggest? Any one using this CR70 stuff? Please advise. Thank you boys.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  5. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    pammuluvcars! If you have the budget of around 25K, then why dont you try out V-Kool. Its the best sunfilm out there.

But if you insist on 3M, then CR70 should be ideal for windshield and rear glass. Choose slightly darker version on the sides. Choose RE series if you need some reflection effect.

Its like RE & CS are same, just RE has the reflection effect and CS doesn't. SP series is an economical choice. RE70 also has 70%VLT and 55% heat rejection.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    but RE and CS wont block heat the way CR does...
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    3M range of series goes as given below.
    SP - Entry Level
    CS - Economy Series
    RE - Neutral film
    CR - Crystalline Series

CR series is the most expensive but effective of the lot. If you are ready for the budget of 23k, then its worth it. I have done CR70 only on windshield. But, 23k appears to slightly on the higher side. I know the 3M car care guys gave a quote of 16k for CR70 for Figo. For Linea, it should be somewhere around 20k.
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I will ask for discount
  9. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Obviously dude! You cant get Audi features at the cost of i20 rite :)

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

pammuluvcars!

I visited the 3M Car Care here in Hitec City, Hyd.

Here is the quotation,

Front windshield - CR 70 : Rs.7750
    Sides & Rear - CR 40/50 : Rs. 15150
    Sides & Rear - RE (any film) : Rs. 5310
    Sides & Rear - CS (any film) : Rs. 4860

I didnt enquire about SP as that looked too basic for me.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Get the CR 70 on front and back and CS 50 on the side windows. Front windshield is the area from where the most heat gets inside the car.

Alternatively you can also get Garware Ice Cool Shield for front windshield for 3.5k and Garware Ice Cool Grand for side windows. Though not as good as 3m, Vkool or Lumar films they are complete VFM and work may be 10% less than other quality films.