1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Have many things to update about the car. Have been keeping very busy and I couldn't update it earlier. Car is still being maintained by my friend in Chennai as I am still out of country.

Service Update -

Linea was dropped for regular service (every 1 year/15k Service) at Ramkay towards end of Dec'16. It was planned earlier but we had to delay it due to political unrest and the cyclone situation in Chennai. Apart from regular service, we included some more to replace the RHS headlamp as it really faded a lot. We asked to clean the EGR and intake Manifold. Alternator and Power Steering belts were also replaced by them as it was not done before. Total bill was Rs. 21230 (Parts, Labor and Taxes).

Service - 1.jpg

Service - 2.jpg

Murphy_Fiat and Bala like this.
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We received the used Blue&Me module from @Alan by mid of January and somehow he couldn't take the car to FASS to install the B&M module. Meanwhile,

Met with an Accident -

On 10th Feb, the car met with an accident which resulted in damages at the rear. My friend was driving the car (near Kovilambakkam) and he had to stop suddenly when a small goat crossed the road. He managed to stop (Thanks to Linea brakes :)) but the vehicles tailed him could not. He was tailed by Indica Taxi and it was tailed by a Xylo. Yes, Xylo rammed Indica and Indica rammed my car. Below is the picture taken just after the accident.
    ai-1.jpg

Linea again goes to Ramkay. And they estimated the cost around Rs. 30,000. Yes, you read it right. We decided to take the insurance route and called Royal Sundaram immediately for the inspection and approval. However, RS wanted the original signed application from me. I downloaded the form and mailed immediately to my friend in Chennai. We decided to pay directly to Ramkay and get it claimed from RS later.

Ramkay completed the repairs and the final bill was Rs. 22,111. Note that they also replaced the Blue&Me (with the one I sourced from @Alan ) module this time. However, We were informed that the B&M error gone way after the Proxy Alignment but they couldn't get it working properly with no reasons identified. The phone calls were very hazy and they could not fix it. We took delivery of the car as is and decided to try on it again.

Bill from Ramkay,
    acc1.jpg

acc2.jpg

Car was very much normal after the delivery and was driving great as always.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    gpunto75, Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  3. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Can I get one used Blu&Me through @Alan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Alan

Alan Timido

Delhi
    Linea T-Jet
    @limraj : Had sent the only one I had to Ramesh.

5. limraj

limraj Esperto

Trivandrum / Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for information. I'm now looking at cheap alternate solutions.

6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ramjn

Sad to see the damage on the Linea. From the pics, I could see only the rear bumper taking the hit. Shouldn't the bumper replacement and painting costs Rs 8000. Why the additional expenses? I am sure you can live without the moldings as they cost 2k which you could do it later also right?

BTW did you recover any cost from the Indica or the Xylo guy?

7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur

I do realize that the costs are on the higher side. Since we decided to go with Insurance we didn't do much as it was approved by the surveyor. And also I couldn't do much being out of country and the car being maintained by my friend.

8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Update after long time. :)

My Linea crossed 6 years on 17th September. And it reached a milestone on 18th.
    AM3-5474.jpg

What was done to the car all these time?

- Upgraded the suspension with the high GC kit
    - Replaced timing chain (and water pump) with the new model
    - Replaced Engine mounts (ABC mounts)
    - All oils replaced and I have now filled Mobil Super MGDO 5w-40 Oil. Initial impression is that it is butter smooth now and way superior than Selenia
    - Alloys painted with Dark Grey (and the front grills and fog assembly as well)
    - Replaced HU with Pioneer 80prs. And added a Mono Amp.
    - Replaced tyres with Bridgestone ER60.

Latest picture of my Linea shot during sunrise. :)
    AM3-1595.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the mark @ramjn. Many more to come :)

ramjn likes this.
  10. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What's the feedback on Bridgestone ER60. I am getting my car's shoes changed to ER60 in the next couple of days. Your inputs will be helpful