1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI. Fiat spares are available at Gautham Auto Parts and SM Auto at GP Road.
    But, why not get it from FASS itself?

Thank you Himanshu.
    That was the control unit of the Sub-Woofer installed in the car. :)
  2. PPA

PPA Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sometimes I feel FASS overcharge for certain products...so thought of verifying the price outside and check with dealer...thanks for the information...
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    They cannot overcharge you. They use Fiat's DMS system (Centralized) for billing. Everything is charged as per Fiat.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The place where there is no clear directive is the random labour charge they apply under the head "flat rate operation". This is at the discretion of the dealership. For standard procedures, the DMS pulls in the part number along with the labour code for a specific job when the job card is updated.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is important to note that dealers at various places across the country recruit people at different rates, some dealerships pay much more for key people to keep things smoother. Dealerships will revolt if that "flat rate operation" loophole is not presented. Although there must be some upper cap which can be negotiated with the SC guys. The denting-painting and repairs is one such area. Also it cannot be denied that some take undue advantage of innocent customers, sometimes a bit too much.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat has 2 rates for Tier-1 and Tier-2 cities. The labor rate differ between the two. The charges are automatically applied by the DMS system based on the location of the dealer. However as Krishna said, some dealers misuse the flat rate labor and charge something additional.

Still, note that the cost of the parts won't change and is uniform across India.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The car turned 4 years today. :)

It was not driven much in the last one year as I am still away. Some updates.

- Odo stands at 71000+
    - Insurance renewed again with Royal Sundaram (with 35% NCB :))
    - The front windshield CR70 seems to have damaged by the Service center folks. Don't know when/how it happened. It caused too much of trouble with the visibility at night and hence removed.
    - Tyres are showing lot of wear and planning for the replacement shortly.
    - The Blue and Me board has gone and FASS says it would cost Rs. 12000 to replace. And it is not covered in Extended Warranty.

Hope, I would have some more updates next month.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    What tyres are you planning for? Apollo again?

12K for Blue and me? Instead chuck the head unit out and get a good head unit with Bluetooth connectivity. In case you have already set up the ICE, it will only improve it.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am more inclined with Conti MC5. Not Apollo this time. I like the Acelere which is now discontinued.

Will the new HU can be integrated with the steering controls as well? Do you have any recommendations and how much would that cost?
  10. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Currently have MC5 205/55 R16 on the Linea and has run close to 10K kms. The tyres are grippy both in dry and wet conditions. It is quiet, a lot more softer than the earlier Hankooks. It has seen quite a bit of bad roads and has sustained the abuse until now.

On the headunit, I have not found the interance to make the steering controls work. If I had found it, the OE Headunit would have been discarded long back :)