1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The shooter being shot :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My car went in for the 60k timing replacement couple of weeks back at Ramkay, Chennai. They picked the car from my home and I promptly got the call from the SA on the issues. I asked them to check few things and by evening the SA called me back and provided me with proper explanation. We decided to change the clutch kit as well. The car was ready the next day. However, I told them that I will visit them to take delivery. Total bill was Rs. 13,000 odd and I was completely satisfied with their work.

Attaching the bill here.

WP_20140619_001.jpg
    4 people like this.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Update time

Finally did the sound dampening for the 4 doors at Jeewaajee, Teynampet. The brand used was 'DampMat' (seems to be manufactured by a T-BHP member). They did excellent job and after the dampening, I felt the doors to be more heavy. They used 2 sheets per door and each sheet weighs 1.5 kg. The road noise has reduced drastically and some of the minor rattles heard from the doors are gone.

What about the ICE? It is now awesome. :clap

Some customary pictures.

20140705_134630.jpg

20140705_172308.jpg

20140705_180358.jpg

20140705_165232.jpg

20140705_172154.jpg

20140705_181039.jpg
    6 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    How much did it cost Ramesh
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah same question as Shams. BTW, which speakers are you using (sorry if you have updated earlier, I have missed that :))?
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    DampMat comes as a pack of 9 sheets. I was charged Rs. 7600 for the same and paid Rs. 9500 in total including labor. I still have 1 and half sheet with me as a standby. :)

I have the following ICE setup.

- Front Focal Access components
    - Rear MTX three way coaxial s.
    - MB Quart Sub-Woofer
    - 4 Channel Focal Solid 4 Amplifier which drives the front components and the Sub-woofer.
    1 person likes this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    One silly question Ramesh - wouldn't these sheets will make car heavier by additional 12kg? :) .
    Though, the positives are irresistible.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. As I told earlier, all the doors have now become super heavy. But, I love it. :)
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    A good investment for clean sound in your car!

Generally a Fiat would not need this, to the extent that it made a big difference to sound quality in the car as the doors are solid and so is everything else in it. In my Palio I had 8" drivers upfront with no sound dampening and it sounded swell! But in my Civic, I had to do it and it also lent some weight and stiffness to the light door.
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Ah, I still recollect the feeling when the doors where damped. Its super heavy and but lovely though :D
    1 person likes this.