1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    What make are the old one (or newer GC struts) of 2012 type. Are the GC ones not made in brazil or poland.? Maybe that's the reason for a not so smooth GC experience, is it?

- - - Merged Post - - -

He hated the new GC kit's guts, I mean struts. ::D
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is the point in getting used to? Nothing is going to change except that I may get adjusted to the new setup. For me it is like asking an unsatisfied Verna owner to drive more and get adjusted to it. :D

The high GC suspension is made in India and it is Endurance branded. Not sure if that is the case until we test it.

It is not about hating the new GC Kits. It is about the love for my Linea and I just can't see it not driving the way I wanted it to be. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I just saw that they have a JV with Magnet Marelli for manufacturing four wheeler suspensions. Where could they go wrong; even more perplexing question now..:confused:

Ofcourse, I can see why. :) Just that it has been a huge mistake for you as is evident, didn't expect that you would be going back so soon to the first iteration. :p Wouldn't mind either if someone hates it. ;)
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The suspension branding is really confusing.

The old imported suspension has the Cofap branding with the Magnetti Marelli logo too.
    The new one made in India is Endurance branded and also has the Cofap logo.
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Now that's a much better looking car! I am sure you are going to enjoy the drive as before.

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Copaf is the suspension division of Magnetti Marelli. While the JV between MM and Endurance existed in India, the Endurance struts had Copaf written on them. The JV got over I think and now , infact late 2013 all Linea Punto should gt MM struts. All made in India. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-iss...y-ride-2012-fiats-any-solutions-30-print.html

But then how come the Chennai FASS has got the imported ones :)
    happy for you , good you went back to feeling connected :) i waited for 15000km for getting used but it never happened :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am nearing 60k and may need to go for the timing chain replacement. Should I do it as an entire kit replacement with water pump too? Any suggestion here?

Also, should I also do the Clutch plate replacement as a measure of preventive maintenance? How much this cost for Linea? Any idea guys?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well I got both the clutch and timing chain replaced at once. If the clutch is working well, please don't replace it, Because you might not feel good with the new clutch settings for some time. Anyways I think it could be decided by the SA if the clutch really needs a replacement. Are you having any gear shift or pickup issues lately..?

I dont think water pump replacement is necessary, go for the timing chain replacement only. The two sprockets, pads and the timing chain itself. I was informed (unofficially) that the smaller sprocket which is a tad higher priced may not be changed and left in place. Just change the bigger sprocket for extra measures (which too was not worn out as one would have thought).
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any idea on the cost involved for the Clutch (Part and Labor)? Offlate, I am experiencing a little drop in pickup but not finding any difficulty in gear shifting.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ramesh it's circa 6~7k including labour. Did you get your EGR cleaned anytime?

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.