1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Ramesh, it's really sad to see that much damage just by hitting a speed breaker. :eek:
    Instead of speed breaker, probably we should call them vehicle breaker.
    1 person likes this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Pure bad luck I say, But wasn't there any board marking speed breakers in advance Ramesh? Usually I see this atleast in the TN Highways but need to be cautious going forward. Can't that Plastic thing be stuck using some industry grade adhesive?
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Further to the damage happened on my car (running over a speed breaker), I visited Murugan's workshop to take his opinion. He inspected and advised to replace the headlamp as there are 2 cuts in it. Also, he noticed that the radiator has slightly moved out of place too. He suggested to think about going insurance route as well.

Today, I visited TAFE and Tensingh inspected my car and he also suggested to replace the headlamp. The bumper will be heated to correct the shape and has to be repainted as well. They readily had the claim form for SBI General and we decided to go insurance route. Tensingh estimated 2 days to complete the work and they offered me pick-up on Monday. :)

My car at the ramp at TAFE
    WP_20140208_004.jpg

The two cuts
    WP_20140208_003.jpg

The place where my car got the hit
    WP_20140208_005.jpg
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My drive at Papanasam. Was shot before the impact to my car.

1-RAM_7717.JPG
    4 people like this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My car was picked by TAFE from my home today. After an hour I also got call from SBI General Insurance on my application for claim. They said they will inspect my car today. TAFE is taking care of this process. :)
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange, with a speed breaker hit, so much damage can happen.
    Hope it will be in your hand soon.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. It happened many times for me but don't know what's different in this hit. They have promised to deliver the car in 2 days.
  8. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Really sad Ramesh, I could feel the pain.

Tell me one thing, if you were using post 2012 suspension with 185mm GC, do you think still it could take the hit? If yes, no other go. If no, why don't you go with post 2012 suspension, and yeah, we need to compromise on ride and handling (not too much I guess) but considering all these pain/hassles I think it's worth to go for it, just my thoughts.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ I still couldn't able to believe that the speed breaker caused me this much of damage. I have encountered this scenario many times and never faced any issue even with the 161mm GC. I am really not sure if I could have averted the damage if the GC was 185mm.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Shot yesterday at ECR.

3-RAM_7895.JPG

2-RAM_7886.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Really sad to see your Lovely car getting major damage by just a speed breaker.
    Hope she's back soon with you to cover more happy miles:p
    1 person likes this.