1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Got a Hit :(

Had an unpleasant experience last Sunday. My car was hit by a huge speed breaker (Somewhere between Thenkasi and Papanasam) while doing around 40-50 kmph. I noticed it late and did not apply brake. My Linea's front bumper and the left side headlamp got damaged due to the hit. The engine shield was bent too due to which I got a strange noise (krrr krrr) coming from the engine bay when the car is idle. Fortunately, the car was very much driveable and I decided to pay a visit to the FASS in Madurai while coming back to Chennai to fix the noise.

I called Forza Italia (FASS in Madurai) to inform about the issue and visited them for the quick checkup on Monday morning. They quickly fixed the noise issue and I continued my drive to Chennai. Read more here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-c...usive-forza-italia-madurai.html#post841892393

Here's the damage caused.

Dam1.jpg

Dam2.jpg
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sad to hear the issue Ramesh. Good to hear that Fass madurai fixed the noise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    badluck ramesh, now you will have to replace one headlamp due to that broken plastic.
    i also have the same plastic broken in my puntos right headlamp as a result of a previous hit. i am not getting it replaced, but will try to get plastic welding done as suggested by some garages. after that if theres no problem with focus then will let it be like that. will go for headlamp replacement only as a last resort if plastic welding is ont able to put it in place properly
  4. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Ohh god.. Just surprised to see the amount of damage a "Speed Breaker" can make..
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's what Forza Italia suggested me to do. It costs Rs. 4000+ for the single headlamp. FASS wanted to replace that immediately for which I asked them to hold on.

I am planning to do the same and check with Mechanic Murugan of SMK Automobiles. I prefer this to be fixed rather than replacement as the headlamp is absolutely working fine.
    3 people like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    And I thought only I have encountered some monstrous humps. Sad to see the damage Ramesh. Was the bent wheel arch also due to the speed breaker hit? The joint which is seen as broken, is it of plastic? Then wouldnt a strong adhesive do the job?

Was the speed breaker unmarked? or were you doing some really high speeds?
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Quoting Ramesh's post for the question :)

1 person likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    A speed braker can cause this much damage!!!:eek: Unbelievable. I hope a quick recovery for linea.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Ramesh, sorry to see what happened but I guess this is India and you will always encounter such unmarked speed breakers, you just have to pray that it's not to big.
    I don't think we should be calling these things speed breakers, probably we can call then small mountains.
    3 people like this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sorry to see that, Ramesh. Hoping you be able to fix the damage to your satisfaction without much damage to your purse.

After seeing the damage to my friends Punto's engine guard assembly, I try to do what I can to slow down the car even with hard breaking if I have sufficient distance left in front. His engine guard assembly itself got bet backward by about two inches. This, again by hitting a monstrous speed breaker.
    1 person likes this.