1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Since you are saying it is only the passenger side light, I suspect a malfunction in the switch / circuit inside the cabin light assembly. There are two festoon type bulbs inside. Both come on when any door is opened and they can be switched on independently with the switch. Instead of removing the connector completely, you may want to open the assembly and remove only the passenger side bulb, so you do not have to enter a dark car.

Also, did you wire up for foot well lights? If you did, do they also stay on?

Rajan
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Rajan. I did wire up for the foot well lights and it also stays on since it gets the power from the passenger side connectors.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Disconnect the footwell lights and this problem should go away :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I will do this today. I have anyway planned to remove this before going to the FASS. :)
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I suspect an earth / frayed wire in the footwell wiring, causing this behaviour. Hence the recommendation of disconnecting the footwell lights.

If it works, then you need not go to FASS. If you put it back and the problem comes back, you have to go to FASS. If you remove it again, to go to FASS, and the problem goes away again, you do not have to go to FASS. This is a vicious cycle :evilsmile

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It worked. Thanks for the assistance, Rajan. My car is now saved from FASS. :D
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad to be of help buddy. Was the wire frayed? If so, where was it frayed? Glad that it did not spark and cause some kind of damage. After market electrical work is always tricky and has to be done with utmost caution, especially DIY :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rajan, the Fiat consultant cum troubleshooter. :D
    2 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    C'mon buddy. What else are friends for?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.