1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We can. I went there at 6 pm and it was not appropriate time to rework on the car.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh man, we just saw Ramkey did excellent job with another member, and now we see blunder from service guys.
    Hope they do put some checks on service items in future.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Ravi. They have to. I would surely pass on my feedback to their CRM.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My car went for the 2nd year (4th service - Paid) service at Ramkay Fiat on 9th August 2013. I left the car with them around noon as I did not expect them to deliver the car on the same day. Mr. Arun was the SA and he wrote the Job card. I checked on the fluid replacement and got confirmed that all the fluids will be replaced in this service.

I reported the following issues.

- I had issues with both the power windows at rear. Right side power window was not working at all.
    - The fuel lid was super tight and I wasn't able to close it that easily after opening.
    - Small Rubber beading (don't know what to call this part) inside the bonnet has worn out and asked them to replace that too. To my surprise they even have stock of this part.

The next day I got call from the SA and he informed me that all the 4 regulators needs to be replaced for the power window and that the running rails at the rear should also be replaced. I asked him to go ahead and replace it under warranty :D. It took a while for them to get the approval for the warranty claim and the car was finally ready on Monday. I went to collect the car on Tuesday evening and realized that they haven't replaced Brake, Transmission, Coolant and Power Steering oil.

Further details here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-c...center-ramkay-fiat-chennai-23.html#post187667

They promised me that they will pick and drop my car at my convenience because of this blunder. We fixed the date on 19th, Monday. I got call from the Ramkay driver sharp at 7.45 AM in the morning. Unfortunately, I had other works for the day and told him that I will drop in at the service centre and that he need not worry about it. I couldn't drive to them on week days and finally visited them last Saturday (24th August). My car was taken immediately and I was asked to wait at the customer lounge. I couldn't sit there for long and decided to enter the service bay area. I stood by my car when the fluids where replaced. Finally my car was taken for the body wash (not charged) and was delivered to me at around 3 pm. Ms. Suganya, the CRM of the Ramkay service came near to my car when I was about to leave and she apologized for missing out earlier.

Overall I am happy with the quality of service barring the over sight of missing out all the fluids.

Regarding the issues,

Power windows - Regulators replaced under warranty. But, I paid for the running rails as it is a rubber part.
    Fuel lid issue - Fixed.
    Bonnet beading - Replaced.

Total Bill for the 2nd year service (4th paid service) - Rs. 12562. Do note that this includes the cost of both the running rails (LH and RH) for the rear power window and the bonnet beading.

Here's the bill from Ramkay.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    4 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Do you know how the power steering oil was changed. On my 4thservice I didn't change it as I was not able to source the right grade and also I didn't know how to replace it

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The mechanic released the oil from somewhere under the Power steering reservoir area from what i remember, you will have to open up the engine guard to access the release bolt.

Transmission oil is more complicated to replace, they used some kind of a L Shaped pipe with a funnel to fill transmission oil.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are absolutely right. That's how they replaced the Power Steering and the Transmission oil. The engine guard has to be removed.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Time to visit FASS again.

The cabin lamp in my car has started glowing automatically since yesterday morning. It just stays on, regardless of the switch. And then, I slowly opened the panel and removed the power connector attached with the lamp panel. Today, I connected again and the issue is still there. I have no clue on what is going on with that.

Any suggestions, guys?

Note:- Only the passenger side light glows always.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, all these automated wizardry point to malfunctioning electronics. Does Linea have a BCM? And are all other electronic functions functioning as intended?

I hope the door sensors are good as if they are faulty, the system thinks that a door is open and turns on the cabin light.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    All other functions are absolutely normal.

Cannot be. Even if I turn the switch to the complete off position, the light stays on.