1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    That is what you can call as "Tyre Hernia "

Abdul
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Another strange observation I have is that I was getting less mileage ever since I changed the tyres to ZLO. After the swap with Acelere and after coming home I observed the mileage at 20.7 (took Chennai bypass). The FE never crossed above 20 with the ZLO.

True Srihari. Peace of mind is what is important. I would definitely take this to all levels at MRF.

It may be one of case teky. But wait till??? In all this wait period I would not be driving peacefully for sure. Thats the reason why I went ahead with the change even though it is a loss for me.

Why not PLC?
    Well, PLC is the expensive tyre of the lot. And honestly I don't have any complaints with Acelere. Why experiment again when I have already taken a hit with ZLO? And also, for Acelere I have just got 3 new tyres and used the spare tyre.

:)
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    badluck ramesh! you made the right choice in going with peace of mind! how much does one accelere tyre cost?
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Acelere is expensive than ZLO. It costs 5k.

Contrary to many of the positive reviews about ZLO on T-BHP, Acelere is more silent, is giving better steering feedback, and the braking is much better than the ZLO.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ramjn sir u made a right choice by going for Acelere..our car has Acelere tyres..steering feedback,braking,grip from these tyres is fantastic..
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bad Luck Ramjn. Anyways it is good you changed all the tyres. My ZLO is going good till now even after being driven on those worst(est) roads in chennai. Touchwood. I would also have done the same if my tyres showed some scary signs like yours except for I would go to the GT3.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjn,
    i'm running on two different set of tires MY-02 and Yoko AVS DB.both the tires being soft have gone very well across the bad roads too.i never faced any issues with different set of tires as when we read against the online reviews.All techie things mentioned in the white paper sometimes doesnt work in practical.

Accelere is it similar to GT3 ?
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Almost. But, I felt GT3 has slight advantage over Acelere in Road grip. But, GT3 is more noisy than Acelere. Personally, I feel ZLO is also more noisy than Acelere.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea met her siblings in a early morning drive to Mamallapuram today. :)

03-RAM_4902.JPG

04-RAM_4904.JPG

05-RAM_4907.JPG

08-RAM_4916.JPG

06-RAM_4910.JPG
    8 people like this.
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Enjoyed the drive. Lets plan one again next weekend ramesh. Dity BNW's