1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Changed the Air filter today. I got it through 99rpm.com. The cost was Rs. 340 and Rs. 150 for the shipping.

IMG_20130609_095245.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    MRF lets me down. :(
    Day of stress and mental agony.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  3. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What happened ramesh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I tested the capability of ZLO in the Sabarimala trip and I was happy about the choice I made. My excitement with the ZLO was short lived. Yesterday evening I came across a bulge and crack at the sidewall of the front right tyre. I immediately called Lal's where I got the tyres. They asked me to visit them to assess the issue.

First thing I did this morning is, replaced the front right wheel with the spare steel wheel (I am using the spare tyre for the first time ever since I bought the car). Then, I went to Lal's and initially they did not accept that it is due to manufacturing defect. They told me that it may be because of an impact. And when they removed the tyre and assessed the damage, they kind of accepted that it is a manufacturing defect and they prepared a claim docket with MRF. I was told that I can directly visit MRF with the claim form so that they will settle it immediately. I was fine with that and headed to Poonamalee where MRF is located. Only after reaching there, I was told that I can only handover the tyre with the dealer and I cannot visit them directly (Poor guidance from Lal). I again called Lal's and they suggested me to drop the tyre at their Maduravoyal branch since it is near to Poonamalee. I did the same but from the time I saw this bulge I was worried about the condition of the other 3 tyres. It is more of a psycological fear. I asked for a deal to replace the tyres. They offered me less than half the price of the original cost of ZLO.

Two options were running in my mind.
    1. Stick with the ZLO and I may always have a psycological fear about the tyre whenever I do good speeds.
    2. Get away from ZLO and consider the extra amount which I pay for the replacement as a penalty for choosing ZLO.

I was confused. Discussed with fellow TFIian jumu and finally concluded with option 2. I don't know if that is right or wrong but I was not ready to undergo the mentality of fear. I decided to use the unused spare tyre (Apollo Acelere) and buy 3 new tyres replacing ZLO. Surprisingly, Acelere is expensive than ZLO. The defective ZLO will go to MRF for inspection and if they give me a replacement tyre, I am planning to use that as the Spare. Currently, I am running without a spare tyre.

Yes. Now I did it.
    - Steering feedback is back to previous state.
    - Somehow, I am feeling Acelere is less noisy than ZLO (Am I wrong?).

The defective ZLO

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    OMG! What is matter and meter?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  6. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Very sad to see this, ramesh. You have taken a good decision to swap mrf with Apollo which you are had used to before. You will have a dent in you pocket but at the end of the day you have a peace of mind.

Do escalate this to the higher management of MRF.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hmm, really unlucky i guess.

I've already done over 10 K kms on ZLO's which i got towards the end of Feb i think. Kinda got used to both it's positives and negatives.

Observed some weird behavior recently. The ride was bumpy when the air pressure was around 29 Psi. Increased to 33 and the ride is back to normal. Normally with the other tyres, the ride gets bumpy when the pressure is higher than recommended.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to hear that, Ramesh. The bulge looks scary. Don't drive with lingering doubts about the tyre. Your selection of the option 2 is the right one, IMO.
    2 people like this.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    One of case I would have thought and could have really waited before selecting option 2.

Why not plc?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Ramesh.. sorry to see this. Offlate lot of issues with MRF as a whole..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2