Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.
Ramesh left is poetry-A home Alone
Nope -A car Alone.
Rs. 5,877 for 30,000 kms service ! :up Yes! I was also really impressed the way interiors are treated! Good job.
Yes. I am feeling sad. Life without Linea is really boring. Its been one week now without my Linea .
But, I see it everyday as a wallpaper on my mobile.
The cost would have gone upwards if I had changed the brake pads. It is almost gone and I decided to replace it once I am back to India.
Well, it's not an update about my car.
I got a chance to drive the Jeep Liberty over the weekend. Yes, I rented the car for 2 days and it was with me. So, thought of sharing some of my observations on this SUV (not review).
- It is equipped with the 3.7-liter V6 which produces 210 horsepower at 5,200 rpm and 235 lb-ft of torque at 4,000 rpm.
- The tyres were Good Wrangler 235/65 R17.
- Suspension seemed to be more softer.
- The steering feedback is NO WAY comparable with a Fiat. For the first day, I found it very difficult to drive this vehicle itself.
- The steering appeared so light for me. The second day was better for me but not at all comparable with my Linea's steering (what a world of difference).
- Braking is good but again not on par with the Linea/Punto.
- I need not comment about the power. The engine spec will tell it all.
- It's a 5 seater and has loads of space at the rear as well. Very comfortable.
- The leather seats were good and the overall interior itself is very good.
- Has got loads of features as well. Power seats, height adjustment, heated seats, and etc, etc.,
Would I rent an SUV again? Well, I would not. I some how feel comfortable and addicted to Sedans.
Some pictures of JEEP Liberty that I drove for 2 days.
Nice photos and thats a beast.
When you will be back to India?
Awsome sir , so you are experiencing there also FIAT cars
Think they have designed to the soft touch w.r.t US , here we need feed back to drive that too we TFI'ans need it more
while coming try to bring JEEP to launch here also
what was the top speed sir ??
I do not know now. I won't be back atleast till the end of this year.
No Vijay. There is no question of even thinking about an SUV. As I told earlier, I did not like the steering of this car at all.
Top speed? The maximum speed I could do was 70 mph. If I go beyond this speed the fines double in the city I live.
Nithila looks awesome.....
am drooling over that jeep man...
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Completed One year of ownership
On 17th September 2012, My Linea turned One Year. On the same day in 2011, I took the delivery of my Linea. Sadly, I am currently away from my car and could not celebrate on her Birthday .
Nevertheless, I thought it's good time to talk about my experience with Linea MJD in the last one year. I have completed 31000+ Kms. till this date. No major issues experienced so far and I hope this will sustain. There were minor niggles like power window problem, Blue&Me not working at times, Door lock problem, etc. But, all were rectified to my satisfaction by the TASS. Almost all of my car's servicing was done at TAFE Reach, Chennai. I would also like to thank Mr. Tensingh at TAFE for his support during the services. Regarding the service cost, I paid Rs. 82.73 during First free service, Rs. 6000.17 during the second free service and Rs. 5877.00 for the Third free service which totals to Rs. 11959.90. The maintenace cost per KM works out to Rs. 0.39.
Some of key mods done on my car are,
- ICE upgrade
- Original Scandinavian Leather seats
My Linea has taken me to many places in South India (Guruvayoor, Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Madurai, Trichy, Tanjore, Kumbakonam, Coorg, Wayanad, Ooty, Munnar, Kodaikanal, Yercaud, Yelagiri, Kudremukh) and experienced almost all sorts of terrains, the worst till date is the stretch between Kodaikanal and Mannavanur.
My Linea did not miss any Fiat Meet in Chennai that held in the last one year except for the recent South India Meet. Some of the very memorable meets were,
- Bangalore-Chennai Yelagiri Meet
- Chennai Dinner Meet - Dec'2011
- Republic day rally meet - Jan'2012
And also had very memorable trips with Fiat Maniacs from Chennai.
- Kotagiri Trip (Me, teky, linealover, Sathya_sc)
- Kodai Trip (Me, teky, linealover, Sathya_sc, pdranjith)
- Wayanad Trip (Me, pemmasg and Sathya_sc)
Last update:- Renewed the insurance with the HDFC Ergo. The only reason for going with HDFC Ergo is that they give me the best IDV than FG, TATA-AIG and Bajaj Allianz.
And now, I would like to share some of the Best Shots of my Linea.
The Fiat Maniacs
Separate names with a comma.