1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am not getting why the boot cannot be open if the door is not opened by remote. Is there any logic behind it for keeping this feature.
    One advantage that I see is nobody can hide in boot by some how entering the car when the driver is forget to lock his car but carrying the key with him. Brilliant idea.
    Just think of the opposite situation in Getz where if the vehicle stops all the doors( including the boot door). See the difference between how Italian logic and Korean logic.

linealover is a true linea lover as he is like krishna for arjuna, reaches for help whenever Linea is in trouble:)
    Again :up for Fiat RSA.

So to conclude DUSTER created all the trouble. Better to move away from duster;)
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramesh, your jopasu duster has started attracting other objects along with its usual meal-dust...this time it was keys :D:D

In punto its relatively less complex with non electrical boot opener! my punto has got locked two times in the service center itself with the key inside! As in your case it takes maximum 5 minutes to open the driver side door.

how come RSA didn't charge you for this! did linealover had a role to play in that too ;)
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Once I was loading my luggage in the boot and by mistake kept my remote key inside and closed. However I had the duplicate key and opened the door. Now in the first place I just opened the boot with remote then closed, then opened the door with manual key, then pressed the boot opener switch, and it opened. I never operated the remote lock in between after I locked the car previous day.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    For Fiatian's it can also happen that one will break the door of the house to get duplicate key instead of damaging the car.:D
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I seriously gave a thought about this option too. But, it seemed like the integrated lock on my home's door is not that easy to open. Only then I decided to go ahead with opening my car's door.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    So I guessed correctly. That is our passion for fiat:)
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A moment back, got a call from Fiat India to take my feedback on the RSA which they provided to me last Saturday. They asked me whether I am Very Satisfied, Satisfied or Not Satisfied. I told them I am very much Satisfied but, the time taken for the Technician to reach my place could have been better.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Engine bay cleaned

After a very long time and perhaps for the first time, I cleaned the engine bay of my car yesterday :).

DSC02260.jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Clean engine bay.
    Did it by yourself? I am always afraid to clean engine bay myself. Is there any chance that we do more harm than good? What do you think are precautions if somebody wants to clean engine bay oneself?
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats neat ramjn , I too do , Did u use vaccum cleaner(VC) ? , that will be also effective.

First I blow all the dust from compartment using VC , and then take a neat cloth and clean.
    If i am using for a long time inside city with out taking on high way , I blow the radiators in side angle this takes off all the dust which improves A/C cooling faster (my opinion bcoz it does improves) and also the rpm of the fan compared to normal.