1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I did the same thing in Jaipur. Technician came, pulled the driver side door using a lever, inserted a wire through the gap to pull door-opener and opened the door. It's a few minutes job. But, don't worry. You will not repeat it through out your life!
    3 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In my friends 800 they have removed the small glass area and open the door. 800 has those tiny glass glass area near rear side window.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Work is on. Front door opened. But, the boot did not open. Most painful part was we couldnt pull the rear seats. The technician is trying to remove the rear seat itself.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Work completed. Finally I am able to get into my car as well as my home Will post the detailed report later :).
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I feel sad for you man, but luckily this happened whilst at home and not far away. We got to Thank God and Fiat saviour linealover who came to rescue as always. This community rocks!
    2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Glad to know that you have entered in your both homes(one stationary and other one moving :D)
    I just now visited your profile to search for the link of your coorg trip and there this following mathematics came to my mind.
    Numerology and mathematics:Your linea received 999 likes just before the incident. 9+9+9=27, 2+7=9 back to the same number. No way to come out.Trapped within the number 9.So your linea also got trapped for some time. :D . Also do a drishti pooja. Your friend's photography might have contributed to get lot of drishti for your Linea.:)

Can you PM the phone number of the homestay at coorg?
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    @teky,thanks
    Perhaps I did nothing! It was shocking to see.delibrate ommision of foldable seat to access boot.seat was fastened with bolt.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Story of my biggest Blunder

Saturday morning, I came out of my home after locking both the doors and opened my car's boot to pick up the Jopasu Duster to quickly clean before leaving. I dropped both the car key and my home key in the boot and after cleaning, placed the duster on the boot and I CLOSED IT without taking the keys :shock:. The moment I closed it, I realized that I have done a big blunder. I totally got stranded with no option of getting into car or home to get the duplicate key of the car. All this happened at 8.40 am.

I called fellow TFI'ian teky to get the number of Fiat RSA. I started calling the RSA and finally they came on line with me at 9 am. I explained the situation. They told me that they will send a technician and informed me that there might be a minor damage during the process of opening the boot. I placed me on hold and got a technician nearest to my place. He told me that he will reach my home in one hour. Meantime, I just walked around to have the breakfast and the time was 10 am. Then, I called the RSA again to get the status. They again conferenced me with the technician. He told he is on way and would be at my home soon. Finally, he arrived at 11 am. Immediately he started his work. He removed the beeding below the driver side window and he did something with a lever inside the gap between the glass and the metal part of the door. He managed to open the driver side door in flat 5 minutes. Fortunately, there was no damage.

The real pain starts now. Once we got to enter the car, I immediately pressed the boot door open button. To my shock, the boot did not open. The technician anticipated this and told me that the only option now would be to remove the rear seat itself. I then called Mr. Tensingh of TAFE to check what option will I have. He told that the rear seat can be folded and asked me to check for a small belt beneath the rear head rests. I checked but did not find any. I then called linealover to ask if the rear seat can be folded. He too told that it can be and also he will come directly to my home. But, the technician was sure that the rear seat in Linea cannot be folded and he started his work to remove the rear seats. That was real real painful indeed. Soon, linealover also arrived to my home. He searched for the belt to fold the seats but he didn't find any. After more than an hour the technician finally managed to remove the seats and we got access into the boot.

Some inferences after this incident

- The boot opener button in Linea will work even without the ignition only if the door is opened through the Remote/Key. For me, the boot door did not open because we did not open the driver side door with the key.

- The rear seat in Linea can be folded for the versions which has 3 rear headrests (T-Jet+ and Pre 2011 Emotion pack has this). My Linea has 2 head rests. This is a cost cutting silently done by Fiat in early 2011. They also removed the option of folding the rear seats as well. A Big Punch to Fiat for this.

The RSA Technician finally left my home at 1.30PM after receiving the authorization letter and ID proof from me. Total cost for me - Rs. 0. Thumbs up to Fiat :clap for the timely and prompt help extended by them for my blunder. And thanks to linealover for directly driving down to my place to extend his help as well.

Technician working to open the driver side door
    p1.jpg

Rear seat is being removed
    p2.jpg

As you see, there is no provision to fold the rear seats
    p3.jpg
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Did u try resetting the
    Battery then try openingthe boot ?
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No. Don't know why I didn't think about this option. Again, I don't know if that would have worked either. Not sure.