1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Some very good instinctive photography Ramjn. Some of them worth of framing & a poster on the wall. These cars are flawlessly beautiful, just like nature. Pics under trees, sun set, feel like they are HOME.

Nice to see another FIAT brigade's raid all over south India. Keep the flags waving high:mrgreen:.

By the way, I wonder if there was any turbo spool/tuning/mapping related issue in 2010/early 2011's 90HPs. Because, 2nd half 2011's lot & present 90 HPs exactly spools two times like Linea (First one at 1700 RPM) & the second & a more vicious one@ 2200 RPM. I doubt if it's the same Turbo now. They must have changed the turbo to provide better low end response.

But one thing to be noticed, i have no doubt that the older Linea's (even 86-HP one) & 90HP's must have a vicious Top range & much higher top speed than the present ones. It's a trade off, if you want better low range, you have to limit yourself on the higher end grunt & top speed. I am one of very few idiots who fantasized & liked old Linea's (86 BHP one) tuning more than the present. I remember even after 3 Yrs since that drive, how easy it was & so ready even@170+ which my 90 HP can only dream off. It was still responding to any significant pressing in the accelerator. You were clearly feeling it accelerating even at 170+, Gosh:geek:!! What an engine that was! May be this useless BH-4 has trimmed it's wings:A.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ram, your love poem on white angel Linea has become like a sweet honey that is sweetening the reader’s heart. How could such wonderful feelings getting suppressed from September 11 to April 1st. Any way suppressed love is more sweeter and deeper and continue expressing it. I have made my reservation for the show. I used to think that Linea in its fullest with Ramj and Sathya. Great photos.
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It seems the love mood is spreading, I blame Linealover for this. Ramjn - Did you show this thread to your OH?
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Hi. The Estate Bungalow(Coorg) in the pics look cool. That was a homestay kind or some friend's house? That place looks awesome. Can you give me details pls.

After8-10 mints : I searched on the net for silver brook estate and got the info there. they have a website too. Thank you for mentioning the name in the pics. :)
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks a lot Ravi Ji. I will keep this thread updated just as you do :).

Thanks ENKI for your compliments.

Regarding the 86HP version of Linea, Sathya was always telling me about its performance on Highway. He has even touched 190 with his old MJD. He can be the right person to comment on this.

Thanks a lot sungoa2010.

No teky. Its not contageous. This Love was always there.

Did I show this thread to my OH?
    Well... Well.... you see.... :D

This is the best home stay I have stayed in the recent times. I recommend it.
    2 people like this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Oh Man.. what a poetry there and more importantly a marathon write up. Just awesome. Just exhibits your love for your beloved white angel. and its high time for another long trip.. Hope fully we do it this month end as planned. and yes reg. the 86HP Linea MJD, I have done 190km/hr once in my MJD in the Chennai Bangalore bypass (connecting Tambaram to BLR highway) for those who know Chennai. 180 was always a breeze and the car zoomed without any hesitation. I always believe the midrange and top end for the Linea 86HP was just phenomenal..
    3 people like this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yesssss!! Thanks Satya!! It proves i m not some dreamer:dance. I always hesitate to say that here as people will immediately jump in the scene with stats on sheets that New Linea has 10% more power & better torque, better Turbo etc. But truth is actually old 86 HP was a hardcore Gran Turismo for someone who loves to cruise on highways. People didn't get it's point & forced FIAT to re-tune that GEM of tuning. I was personally OK with it's low range. It was still doing 0-100 in 14-15 secs, good enough for Indian roads. It lost that fantastic top range because of useless propaganda by those fake experts who pretend to be one of the tester of Enzo/Ascari before it is given clean chit to launch:A.
    1 person likes this.
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    wow Ramesh!, Awesome love story.

Hats off! for organizing things in chronological order.Appreciate the effort.i would be more happy if you would share some pictures of 90 HP too.

by the way,two turbo Kicks you mentioned have got typo error i suppose. since what i felt is first one @2000rpm and second KicK @3500 rpm.

correct me if i am wrong.

i certainly vouch,pictures portrait your poetic approach towards white Angel.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is beautiful and well organized ownership report.
    Some pictures are really breath taking.
    1 person likes this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I experience almost the same in your Linea - First one a shade under 2000 RPM and the second one is at 3000 RPM and not 3500.