1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Sun. It is different trip. If you notice the photos, you will see that the right side ORVM would have been damaged. This incident took place during this trip.

Actually, we visited Guruvayur and Munnar. The route done is,

Chennai-Ulundurpet-Attur-Rasipuram-Karur-Dharapuram-Pollachi-Palghat-Ottapalam-Shoranur-Kecheri-Guruvayur-Thrissur-Angamaly-Kothamangalam-Munnar-Udumalpet-Dharapuram-Kangeyam-Perundurai-Salem-Attur-Ulundurpet-Chennnai. Total Kms - 1457.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Now days I am associating ramjn with Linea than Fiat. Oh! after kodai another mega trip!:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not happily posting this update. Still, the first pictures of my Linea without the Sunfilms.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg
    4 people like this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Neatly done Ramjn,so,you have a part time job on hand!!!,one advt in net that sunfilms are removed neatly and cars would be queeing outside!!
    Your linea is certainly elegant without films and exudes class.
    1 person likes this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Nicely done, So I don't have to run around once when caught by the Police. I'm still deferring the sun film removal and trying luck, Let's see who wins. But the Interiors look classy post the sun film removal. BTW you removed the rear windshield one as well?
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes teky. I removed the rear windshield film as well.
  7. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Nice write up sir!! I bought a 2012 linea mjd recently. I took her in the speeds above 175. At those speeds I just wished if the steering was a bit more stiff. Do you guys also feel some kind of chassis flex when running over potholes? Or are these the attributes of 2012 models?
    Any one doing the pull up curtains as an alternative for sun films?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Rear looks as if suncontrol films has not removed. Though the car was looking awesome with films, the transparent glass gives a classy richer look with that leather seats.
    When we loose one thing we also gain something else:D The only sad part of the look is the lack of privacy.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the complements bins. I think you can make your steering little more stiffer. I find the steering of my Linea to be stiffer than some of my friends.
    Can you elaborate what do you mean by chassis flex? I never felt anything even at those speeds. Just wondering if this is something to do with the higher GC.

My wife is not at all happy about this after the uninstall. She usually takes the back seat along with the kid. She now feels that the entire privacy is lost. Thinking of temporary alternative for this issue. Let me see. The worst part is, I visibly felt the heat while driving yesterday. I felt as if I have lost 30-40 of the cooling effect. This will also result in less FE also for sure.

One reason for the darker rear may be because I used the rear curtains provided in the Linea :).
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The leather seat need to get protected from direct sunlight. it may fade if get over exposed with extreme heat. Use some sunshade sheets when parking outside.