1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You need to spend sometime in your office seat as well! I really envy you man!
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A Mishap

My Linea's rightside ORVM got hit by a Indica which was coming in the opposite direction. This incident happened while I was negotiating a sharp and blind curve on Munnar ghat section last weekend. The Indicab did not stop and fled the scene. I parked my car safely and came down to collect the leftovers. Fortunately, the damage was limited to just broken glasses. Other pieces were intact and the motor also worked fine. Five minutes later, the Indicab came back to the place and the driver was apologetic for what was happened. His right side ORVM was completely broken. He asked me what should he do. I said 'lets just move on' :). We shook our hands and left the place.

Here's the damage.

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

20120514_195522.jpg

And today everything was restored back including the Linea stickers :D. A big thanks to linealover for taking the pain to get me the glass from Concorde, Injambakkam. It costed Rs. 267.

DSC02006.jpg

DSC02009.jpg

DSC02004.jpg
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oops. You are right shams. The right ORVM of Indica was completely damaged.
    I edited my post :).

Good to know that yours was also got restored. Being weekend I couldn't do much and I drove to Chennai with a single ORVM :(.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    That was a quick restoration with the least cost. Even the cabbie seemed to be a man of conscience - very rare to come across. Hope, that patch on the cowl was also gone by applying rubbing compound. Thanks for sharing, Ramesh.
    2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Tha taxi driver might have thought the quotes from Macbeth
    "Will all great Neptune’s ocean wash this blood clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather the multitudinous seas incarnadine, making the green one red. (Macbeth Act II, Scene II)"

It is nothing but a sin to spoil the beauty of the white angel. No doubt why the Taxi driver returned back. A car can induce passion but I wonder how a car can induce compassion.:)

Good to see your Linea in it's glory again.
    1 person likes this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    So that explains your busy schedule yesterday, Glad that you restored it quickly. For someone so much used to using mirrors it's pretty difficult. I think we should probably buy these and stock it for the rare occasions.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What's that:confused:?
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The blind spot mirrors are available in ebay. Which can be stick to any surface. That will be very useful in case of this kind of emergency.
    Ram's car got drishti. Probably some one from the kodai crowd. May be the boat owner(hom stay) itself:D
    3 people like this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday was really a busy schedule for me. Honestly, I did not have any plan of restoring the ORVM yesterday. I planned it to do this Saturday. It got restored just because of linealover's timely help. He handed over the Glass to me while I was returning back to home and simultaneously I ordered for the stickers too. Everything was done in flat 30 minutes :).
    1 person likes this.