1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Poetry on Wheels - My Linea MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramjn, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ENKI, in this trip I did not do good speeds consistently. The max speed done was 170Kmph while returning back. Did some good speeds on the ghats for around 20 kms. to irritate a honking i10 1.2. He was hunted down multiple times by multiple Lineas (mine, Sathya and pdranjith). I did a max of 80kmph on the ghats.

You are right and I agree with you, ENKI.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I can imagine you three playing football with that i10.:smile:
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. We were goal keepers and the football never crossed us :). You know what, after this event, the man in i10 started to drive very calm without any honks.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ramjn, eg is 5th@60@1500 RPM,5th@100@2000 RPM.
    It's general speed@RPMs that you notice in your Linea.
    No hurry, notice it in your Linea from here on & pls post for my reference. Thanks!
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    In 5th gear, my Linea does 80@2000, 100@2500, 120@3000. Beyond this point, I don't take attention to see the speedo :D.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Diesel will be doing 100 at lower rpm than petrol is it correct?My 1.4 does 100@3000 rpm.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In 4th gear, my punto does 60@2000.
    In 5th gear, my punto does 80@2000.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ok, pls note it now & let me know. Thanks!
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Illuminated Fiat Door sills

Ever since I saw this illuminated Fiat Door sills on Linea during the launch of 2012 Linea and Punto, I started my hunt for this piece.

New Fiat.JPG

I first searched on the accessories page of Fiat India Ltd. But, I could not find this item. Illuminated door sill was available only with the text "T-Jet" but not with "Fiat". But, then how come they showcased this during the vehicle launch? I enquired the same with the dealers in Chennai but, none are aware of this. I started searching for proper contact with Fiat India. I got to know that Mr. Pawan Yadav is the in-charge for Accessories and Merchandize. I shooted a mail to him inquiring about this door sill. I got immediate reply from him saying that this can be serviced. The next problem is that the dealer was not able to place order for this item as the order software which they use reject this particular item. Mr. Pawan followed this with "Tata Technologies Ltd" to resolve this issue keeping me in loop. As usual, Tata guys were very lethargic and did not solve or give any response. After multiple followups from me and Mr. Pawan, finally this was shipped to VST Motors, Chennai 10 days back. Today, I visited VST Motors and they happily installed the doorsill on my Linea. Mr. Krishnan, Manager at VST Motors accessories division was helpfull all along and installed the same in my Linea. The whole project of identifying, procuring and installing this door sill took me 3 months to complete :).

Special thanks to Mr. Pawan Yadav, Accessories and Merchandize in-charge of Fiat India for helping me to fulfill my wish :D.

Now, some pictures.

20120505_164843.jpg

20120505_164814.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01854.jpg
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    8 people like this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    First let me congratulate for the for the procurement of the door sills. Now there is a high chance that illuminated poetry will appear in your dream:D
    How the electrical connections are made. ? Did you get it for back doors? What is the price(looks odd to ask the price in connection with poem:)

Other thing we noticed is the sincerity that Mr. Pawan shown and there are lot of other good people in the team who work sincerely. They understand the passion of customers and themselves work with a passion. Fiat is the best brand, I would say in dealing with customer requests in terms of approachability. You just added one more proof for that.

Your Hunt could have been a utter failure if it were the case with any other brand.
    1 person likes this.