1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Place you must see ,Temple city and Abandoned city in India

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I got FE of 23.7kmpl while going to Rameshwaram,While coming back drove little faster and at places touch speeds of 175 kmph so FE FE decreased to 20.7 kmpl.
    After latest change in the maps car easily touches 4000 RPM and still has juice to go further.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Nice travelogue, Sat. You have brought back the memories of my trip to Rameshwaram in 2009.

Here's another picture of Lord Nataraja shot at '1000 Pillars Mandapam' inside Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple.

2 people like this.
  3. Superb picture Ramesh, Since it was Pongal i did not had proper space or time to take proper pictures inside the temple.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    My likes are for the effort you took to share the information you gathered and the pictures you took. Thanks for sharing. For lesser mortals like me who didnt yet get an opportunity to visit most places in the South, travelogues like yours make my resolve stronger to visit these places some day.

The Jeep looks like the old generation petrol jeep, if I am not wrong. It's a very rare piece these days. It's all rusted probably because it's used in coastal area. Until a few years back, these petrol Jeeps were used by spirit smugglers in Kerala karnataka boarder, especially beacuse they say, the petrol jeep can go at good speed and it is very difficult for the forest and police to catch them. Dont know how true it is.

I saw in newspapers couple of days back that one of the pillars of the railway bridge on Pamban was damaged by a barge while towing a naval ship. Rail route was disconnected because of that. Not sure if they repaired it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. It was Diesel jeep, you wil not believe me that jeep ran at 100 kmph for good 7-8 kms en-route to Dhanushkodi
    1 person likes this.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Sat did you take your punto on the shore side. I have not visited this place and has been in the wish list for long time, good travelogue what other places i can see on the way to Ramehswaram

1 person likes this.
  7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Was that on the speedo? I remember in Jordan a taxi we took was cruising at 150 kph, but the GPS indicated 90 Kph :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. No, I did not ,but Blue coral cottage is very near to sea shore.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes it was on speedo.
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat, if you had time, you would have taken the car after reaching the cottage and snapped a few clicks near Mukundharayarchatthiram.
  10. I wanted to do it,even cover Kodanda Ramaswami Temple but some how ran out of time.