1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Noob Fiatian from Mumbai

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by abk1980, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    I had travlled for more than 1000 Kms with 5 adults and one teen ager with full of luggage. Droven in hill roads but didnot face any problems.
  2. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi,
    Finally my TJet arrived at the dealer's yard 2 days back. It was manufactured on 26 Feb 2011 (VIN says BMZ).
    I went today to do the PDI at the yard before I make the payment. While I carried the checklist published by PaddleShifter & Ram in this forum, I primarily checked the build of the car and drove a short distance in the yard. I did not spend much time checking all the features deciding that I would do those when I go to collect the car from the dealer.
    I was once again enthralled by the car. :D
    There were some minor issues:
    1. Edges of the Chrome strip placed on the doors have already started peeling off.
    2. The rubber strip that runs along the length of the car on the roof was not flat in its place. It is glued in place I think (?) and the glue is probably coming off. So the strip is raised at places.
    3. Glove box seemed a bit loose on the right side, or is it supposed to be that way?
    4. There was a strange sound when I rolled the front passenger window down. None when rolling it up.
    5. The front passenger seat cover was torn.

I will speak to my sales person tomorrow morning about these. My sense is these are minor niggles, but keeping my fingers crossed that these are all there are, and that they'd be addressed before delivery.
    On the other hand, I played music from my iPhone, and I thought the sound quality is quite good at the volumes I usually listen at. I did get bad at higher volumes.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ABK1980,they will surely fix all the things right before the delivery, But advice to recheck it once again at the delivery time,
    Enjoy the Beast :lol:
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    hhhhmmm awaiting for pics ABK1980. I really want to how that color looks on Linea, for sure it will look like high end cars like Merc, Audi etc.

Congratulation for new car & welcome to Team FIAT India.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ABK1980 have you taken the delivery of the Beauty, Enjoying the Mean machine and forgot the TFI !!???
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi, I took delivery of my Jet yesterday afternoon. @Tony, I haven't forgotten TFI - the forum has been a big help in shaping my car & accessories buying decision, as well as helping me save some money.
    Yes, it was a long wait after the inspection done last week; blame it on the numerous bank (and RTO) holidays. The car is lovely and I was driving around the entire evening with my wife and sister - they were very pleased as well. Will post a detailed report with pics in the ownership thread that I'll start today / tomorrow.
    Thanks everyone for all the help!
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats once again, will be waiting for the reviews on the ownership thread