1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A new Punter

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vivekrj.dieselhead, May 29, 2012.

1. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    The damage other than left rear door dent is not at all visible, soon i'll be posting the pics.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Guys last sunday I mean 17 feb, I participated in a Grand FIAT meet delhi/ncr. It was really an awesome meet and about 63 cars participated in the event. We really had a good time there. Got to know about arrival of Abarth Performance kit for punto 1.3 mjd.

A pic from the event

DSCF5469.jpg
    This is me with my ride.

And link to my facebook page for more picshttps://www.facebook.com/vivekrajput1987
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Guys i have one more bad news to tell you all, today was a really bad day for me. I was standing on a redlight and a innova rammed my ride from behind at high speed, due to which my car moved ~3 meters forward and both the bumpers got damaged along with the tailgate.

Pics for reference
    84107d1362065810t-experience-my-italian-ride-fiat-punto-90hp-image0017.jpg

84109d1362065810t-experience-my-italian-ride-fiat-punto-90hp-image0019.jpg

Innova that rammed my ride.

84108d1362065810t-experience-my-italian-ride-fiat-punto-90hp-image0018.jpg

Image0017.jpg

Image0018.jpg

Image0019.jpg
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bad luck, get it rectified.
    Can be done from some good denting/painting shop, or better claim insurance and get it repaired from SC.
  5. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    I am going to get it repaired using insurance.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ohh feel bad to hear and see these pictures....Anyways you are safe that is more than important, The impact might has given a terrible shock to the Innova owner.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh bad luck! Man, look at the damage to Innova! Vivek, good to know that you escaped unhurt. I had similar damage to boot because of notorious people on road. It was simple dent removal and repaint job. Got it done at Aadya body shop. Dent was removed and entire boot was repainted. Did not claim insurance as the total cost was @3k. Has the estimate given for the repair job ?
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Good that you are unhurt.. Impact on innova is more than Punto despite having an additional crash guard. I always thought those additional crash guards are only fancy fittings and of not much use.
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    First of all guys, i really thank you all for your concerns.

That innova guy was given some body massage by the passerby, after some time the owner came and requested that both of us have insurance so kindly leave me as i would have to spend a lot on my vehicle as well. I was not in mood to leave him easily but my father let him go after he apologized. He didn't paid anything.
    My ride slammed to a vehicle in front of me, but i can hardly remember what vehicle it was.

Today i went to kashyap motors noida and got the inspection done same day, estimated cost of repair is 25 grand. And they promised me to hand over my ride on 6-3-13. Till now everything seems in order. Hope that everything will be fine soon.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    25 k ??? Have they provided the break up of this? Any components under the hood damaged due to front impact?

Wish to see your beast roaring soon. Good luck buddy ....