1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A new Punter

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vivekrj.dieselhead, May 29, 2012.

1. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Guess what guys, today i did 175+ on Yamuna Expressway. But i was unable to go beyond these figures. Can anyone tell me, would there be any increase in top speed after first oil & filter change of my punto 90.
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Guys its been a long time since i have updated this thread.
    A lot is to be told but for now here is a small update

:evil:

Photo2382.jpg
    5 people like this.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Wow, look what punto is capable of!
  4. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    It surely is capable of much more than this.
    It was easy to drive punto at those speeds and take the pic simultaneously.
    I just love it guys
    :dance:dance
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Waiting for those updates buddy! Thats an awesome speed. Drive safe ....
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Thanks mate thanks for your concerns, i always try to be safe at all speeds. But punto is addictive, its irresistible.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Due to insufficient time i am unable to narrate, but every thing would be penned down shortly.
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Planning for the kanpur trip started on 2 nov 2012. I took my ride to oberoi cars sec63 to get some minor issues resolved.
    which was a minor hitting sound whenever i cross any speed braker. I met with Anupam Ji at 9:30 at his office and headed to

the servicestation. Reached there in just 2 min. as it is adjacent to his office. Got the test drive done by Haribal who

was unable to notice any sound. Then i asked him to check the underbody ofter opening the job card.

In the meantime i met Gopalan Ji, he welcomed us in a nice manner, we took tea with him while talking him about our rides.

Then i went to service area to see what is happening, i noticed that the underbody protection plate was bent inside which

was making noice hitting the sump.

The mechaninc just used a screwdriver to pull it out and the issue got resolved. Same time i asked them to remove the

mudflaps as two of them were hanging and was not providing any benefit. While standing at the back of my ride i saw that

the upper centre light was having one bulb faulty, i asked them to change the bulb but they replied that bulbs can't be

changed, we would have to change the whole light strip which is not under warranty and also not in stock.

Finally they sent my ride for washing, till now it was 3 pm. Then i thought to get the billing done, and guess what guys

the bill was showing 700 shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif shocked-scream-smiley-emoticon.gif bucks just for putting in the screwdriver and pulling the protection plate out. I

went to Gopalan Ji and asked what is this he instantly made it 500 bucks but still i think it was way too much for that

work.

All in all i was happy for the work carried out in my ride, made a call Anupam Bro went to his office and came back to

service station again as he has also left Bhasker Ji's linea for some minor work then i got to see Bhasker Ji's(Skywalker)

ride it was looking awesome with those HIDs and other acc. Though i was not convinced with the through of HIDs maybe cause

it was day time.

We then had some good time talking our experiances(me Anupam Bro and Gopalan JI). After leaving from there i got a call

from Puneed and had to make a visit to his office to meet him too. It took whole day meeting and getting my ride back to

normal. staying-awake.gif

- - - Merged Post - - -

Planning for the kanpur trip started on 2 nov 2012. I took my ride to oberoi cars sec63 to get some minor issues resolved.
    which was a minor hitting sound whenever i cross any speed braker. I met with Anupam Ji at 9:30 at his office and headed to

the servicestation. Reached there in just 2 min. as it is adjacent to his office. Got the test drive done by Haribal who

was unable to notice any sound. Then i asked him to check the underbody ofter opening the job card.

In the meantime i met Gopalan Ji, he welcomed us in a nice manner, we took tea with him while talking him about our rides.

Then i went to service area to see what is happening, i noticed that the underbody protection plate was bent inside which

was making noice hitting the sump.

The mechaninc just used a screwdriver to pull it out and the issue got resolved. Same time i asked them to remove the

mudflaps as two of them were hanging and was not providing any benefit. While standing at the back of my ride i saw that

the upper centre light was having one bulb faulty, i asked them to change the bulb but they replied that bulbs can't be

changed, we would have to change the whole light strip which is not under warranty and also not in stock.

Finally they sent my ride for washing, till now it was 3 pm. Then i thought to get the billing done, and guess what guys

the bill was showing 700 shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif shocked-scream-smiley-emoticon.gif bucks just for putting in the screwdriver and pulling the protection plate out. I

went to Gopalan Ji and asked what is this he instantly made it 500 bucks but still i think it was way too much for that

work.

All in all i was happy for the work carried out in my ride, made a call Anupam Bro went to his office and came back to

service station again as he has also left Bhasker Ji's linea for some minor work then i got to see Bhasker Ji's(Skywalker)

ride it was looking awesome with those HIDs and other acc. Though i was not convinced with the through of HIDs maybe cause

it was day time.

We then had some good time talking our experiances(me Anupam Bro and Gopalan JI). After leaving from there i got a call

from Puneed and had to make a visit to his office to meet him too. It took whole day meeting and getting my ride back to

normal. staying-awake.gif
  8. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    On dated 3-11-12 i got the fuel tank filled upto brim, It took roughly 1650 bucks of fuel. Woke up early next morning, say 5 am. After getting ready it became 6:30 am till we started.

There were no traffic on the way, thus reached Yamuna Expressway in not more then 30-40 min. Was driving sedately at around 100-140, till i saw a wall of dense fog scared-smiley-emoticon.gif afraid.gif in the way, instantly switched on the headlights and foglight.

It was so dense that i was unable to see Hug-hug-happy-embrace-smiley-emoticon-000185-medium.gif the vehicle in front of me, due to which i had to apply brakes at a point after looking glowing taillights of a polo, till then i was driving at 80 in the fog. Same thing happend 3 to 4 times on the expressway. But first one was nearly 3-4 kms long.

Anyways crossed the expressway safely, we took some tea and snacks at Mainpuri which is on the way. Reached home at around 12 am in Kanpur.

On 6-11-12 we were going to meet a relative, that day was a bad day for my punto as it got landed in an broad runnel, i instantly came out and saw that i can rotate the left front wheel with my hand, which means the car was standin on the body. It took three people to push it out of that runnel.

After which i noticed that there was a big wrinkle at the left bumper fender crying-smiley-face.gif , looking closely i noticed that the underbody protection plate has bent, and wrinkle was the result of that. We started moving on our way meanwhile i noticed that now the underbody plate is getting rubbed by minor humps also.

crying-fountain.gif
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Got my ride's second service done a couple of week back. It costed me exactly 8 grand which includes oil sump change.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Got my ride's second service done a couple of week back. It costed me exactly 8 grand which includes oil sump change.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Vivek, Sad to read about the underbody damage. Hope every thing is now fixed and the ride is back to normal.
    Do post some pics, just to get gist of the damage.