1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A new Punter

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vivekrj.dieselhead, May 29, 2012.

1. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Guys a bad news i wanna share with all of you.

Today while washing my ride, i noticed rusting at the front fender where mudflap is installed.

That is also not longer than premium hatches in the market today. Length of punto= Length of dezire.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Guys finally after having a lot of troubles at the oberoi cars noida sec 1, i have got the clutch master cylinder replaced at Him motors patparganj.

Guess what guys, now the pick up has become awesome, there is not lag even in 2nd gear. Pull starts as low as 1500 rpm, and i am talking about rapid pull. The whole character of the car has changed now. I am just loving it.:)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    I think bad time of my lovely ride has started now. On dated 3-9-2012 I went to the oberoi cars sec 1 noida.

The SA Vinit opened the job card, after checking the availability of the Clutch Master Cylinder, at 10:20am (though I reached at 10 am). He told me that I won’t be able to handover the car before 5 or 6 pm, I said fine no problem but make sure every other issue is also resolved along with it. He confirmed the same and took the keys. Meanwhile I met to a linea owner Rohit Anand, we became friend in no time, started talking like we know each other since a long time.

Vinit parked my ride in the workshop working area, then I met to Gopalan Sir and he assured me that the work will be completed today, along with some injuries given by workshop people to my ride in earlier visits. I also pointed out the rust issue to him he confirmed to treat it as well. After talking to him I felt assured that every issue will be resolved today and went to the showroom with Rohit to meet Roy and other sales staff.

At about 12 o’clock we went to the workshop to check the work done on our rides, but came to see that our rides have changed their position in the workshop and nothing has been done till now. We started to find the SA, after finding asked him what work has been performed by him, he replied that they’ll start the work after lunch. We said fine do it in the way you like.

We came out of the workshop to have lunch as we also felt hungry. While having lunch we decided to meet Mr. Anupam Sukla(one of forum’s Super Admin). I made a phone call and asked if we can meet today. He instantly replied yes why not you can meet me anytime. It became 2 pm after having lunch and some gossips.

I went to take a look at my punto, but it got hit by a white Manza in front of my eyes 3rd time in the Oberoi cars. Searched Mr.Gopalan and told him about it, after having a look at the damage, he asked someone to see it and the rubbing was done instantly. But the scratches were evident on the bumper.

At around 3pm they were working on Rohit’s linea, but my Punto was still parked and no one was working on it. So I asked to SA about it, he replied that he’ll handover my ride till 6pm to me and Rohit’s linea will be free till 4 pm. I said “fine” and we decided to drive linea to meet Shukla Ji. Passing time was not that hard as I was with Rohit. At about 4 pm we came to know that linea is in the washing bay and could be completed any time, so I asked Rohit to get the billing formalities done, he went to do the same.

I headed to meet Mr. Gopalan, meanwhile I saw my punto still standing unattended. This time I became worried to see the situation, when I asked SA about it, he told me that “I have told you in the morning that it won’t be possible to perform to work on your ride”. I was shocked to hear this as he did not said anything like this to me in the morning.

I was frustrated after spoiling my whole day and was full of anger to see them breaking my trust. I met with Mr. Gopalan outside the meeting room and told him everything, he said meet me in the workshop I am coming in a short while. I went to the workshop, saw the SA with mechanics cracking jokes and after looking me he came and said “Sir you would have to leave your car to perform the work”.

I said you people don’t deserve to service such brilliant machines like FIAT and asked him to give me my ride as it is. He instantly went to get me the gate pass.

Meanwhile I made a call to Gopalan Sir to acknowledge him that I am going without getting my ride unattended he asked “why are you leaving sir”, I replied it’s already 4:15, is your staff enough capable to perform the work by 6pm(closing time). He said just hold on for a minute I am coming, I said “fine”. He came within no time and called the SA, he asked him, I don’t think it was the time to ask this question now, but still……, “is it possible for you to perform the work?”

Guess what guys the SA replied in a proud tone “no sir” and started arguing that he has already told me that it’ll not be possible to work on my ride. Gopalan Sir was speechless/helpless, It was clear by his eyes. That was the time when I realized that, it is really hard for Gopalan sir to operate without Mr. Kapil, who actually knew how to make these people work. I didn’t said anything to anybody except asking for the gate pass. Within no time it was given by Vinit(SA).

I took the keys and headed to the exit gate. When I handed the gate pass to gatekeeper and was just going to press the accelerator he suddenly jumped in front of my car. I shouted are you nuts or what, what are you doing. He said there is not signature in the gate pass then I pointed him the signature of SA, he said I can’t allow you to exit, first go and get the paper signed.

That was the time when I was unable to control my anger, and instantly shouted “does anyone in your workshop has the guts to stop me here, this is not my duty to get it signed, ask the SA about it”. More guards gathered instantly and requested me to wait for a while, meanwhile one of them went to call higher officials. I said whoever handles it, make him come here instantly otherwise you people would not be able to stop me anyhow (highly frustrated).

After waiting for nearly 10 min on the road I asked a guard “if your security officers do not have time to look into the matter, then I cannot wait for them”, he said please sir don’t go otherwise, I’ll loose my job. I said ok but make it quick, he went inside and this time too nobody came till another 10 min, that guard started moving too and fro at the gate. I asked him that I am going and if anybody ask then tell them the Reg. No. of my ride and my name so that they can do whatever they want to. Instantly he waved his hand and said you can go sir.

So guys this was the first shock for me from trustworthy Oberoi Cars Noida Sec-1.

Next day I went to Him Motors Patparganj, got the job card opened. Within next 2 hours they told me the situation with my ride first they told me that they don’t have the part (CMC) in stock, so I asked them to do rest of the works. They tried to do the same. I was looking in the workshop that 3 of the workers were working in the car to find the rattling source in my car sincerely.

In the evening the SA came and asked me to leave the vehicle as they do not have CMC in stock and the source of rattling is still unknown. Then I asked him to give my ride back, as I would be coming when you’ll be having the part. He said we’ll be calling you as soon as we’ll be having the CMC. In a short while he gave me the keys with the gate pass. I came back.

Guys I was really satisfied to see the workers working hard to resolve the issue, though they were unable to find the rattling source but still, it gave me the feeling that they are at least trying to make me satisfy.
    On dated 7-9-12, I received a call from Him Motors confirming the arrival of CMC, and asked me to pay a visit on 8-9-12, I confirmed the same.

But I went there on 11-9-12 due to time restrictions. They opened the job card at 10 am and told me that the work may take a little longer I said no problem take your time but resolve the issue and don’t ask me to leave the car in the evening. SA replied don’t worry sir, with a sweet assurance smile.

I must say they did what they said to me, at around 4 pm my ride was in the washing bay and at 4:30 I left the service station, after thanking Soni uncle, Mr. O P Sharma Ji and SA. Every issue other than rusting has been resolved by him motors, as they told me that it’s due to installation of mud flaps, which was done by Oberoi Cars.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

I think bad time of my lovely ride has started now. On dated 3-9-2012 I went to the oberoi cars sec 1 noida.

The SA Vinit opened the job card, after checking the availability of the Clutch Master Cylinder, at 10:20am (though I reached at 10 am). He told me that I won’t be able to handover the car before 5 or 6 pm, I said fine no problem but make sure every other issue is also resolved along with it. He confirmed the same and took the keys. Meanwhile I met to a linea owner Rohit Anand, we became friend in no time, started talking like we know each other since a long time.

Vinit parked my ride in the workshop working area, then I met to Gopalan Sir and he assured me that the work will be completed today, along with some injuries given by workshop people to my ride in earlier visits. I also pointed out the rust issue to him he confirmed to treat it as well. After talking to him I felt assured that every issue will be resolved today and went to the showroom with Rohit to meet Roy and other sales staff.

At about 12 o’clock we went to the workshop to check the work done on our rides, but came to see that our rides have changed their position in the workshop and nothing has been done till now. We started to find the SA, after finding asked him what work has been performed by him, he replied that they’ll start the work after lunch. We said fine do it in the way you like.

We came out of the workshop to have lunch as we also felt hungry. While having lunch we decided to meet Mr. Anupam Sukla(one of forum’s Super Admin). I made a phone call and asked if we can meet today. He instantly replied yes why not you can meet me anytime. It became 2 pm after having lunch and some gossips.

I went to take a look at my punto, but it got hit by a white Manza in front of my eyes 3rd time in the Oberoi cars. Searched Mr.Gopalan and told him about it, after having a look at the damage, he asked someone to see it and the rubbing was done instantly. But the scratches were evident on the bumper.

At around 3pm they were working on Rohit’s linea, but my Punto was still parked and no one was working on it. So I asked to SA about it, he replied that he’ll handover my ride till 6pm to me and Rohit’s linea will be free till 4 pm. I said “fine” and we decided to drive linea to meet Shukla Ji. Passing time was not that hard as I was with Rohit. At about 4 pm we came to know that linea is in the washing bay and could be completed any time, so I asked Rohit to get the billing formalities done, he went to do the same.

I headed to meet Mr. Gopalan, meanwhile I saw my punto still standing unattended. This time I became worried to see the situation, when I asked SA about it, he told me that “I have told you in the morning that it won’t be possible to perform to work on your ride”. I was shocked to hear this as he did not said anything like this to me in the morning.

I was frustrated after spoiling my whole day and was full of anger to see them breaking my trust. I met with Mr. Gopalan outside the meeting room and told him everything, he said meet me in the workshop I am coming in a short while. I went to the workshop, saw the SA with mechanics cracking jokes and after looking me he came and said “Sir you would have to leave your car to perform the work”.

I said you people don’t deserve to service such brilliant machines like FIAT and asked him to give me my ride as it is. He instantly went to get me the gate pass.

Meanwhile I made a call to Gopalan Sir to acknowledge him that I am going without getting my ride unattended he asked “why are you leaving sir”, I replied it’s already 4:15, is your staff enough capable to perform the work by 6pm(closing time). He said just hold on for a minute I am coming, I said “fine”. He came within no time and called the SA, he asked him, I don’t think it was the time to ask this question now, but still……, “is it possible for you to perform the work?”

Guess what guys the SA replied in a proud tone “no sir” and started arguing that he has already told me that it’ll not be possible to work on my ride. Gopalan Sir was speechless/helpless, It was clear by his eyes. That was the time when I realized that, it is really hard for Gopalan sir to operate without Mr. Kapil, who actually knew how to make these people work. I didn’t said anything to anybody except asking for the gate pass. Within no time it was given by Vinit(SA).

I took the keys and headed to the exit gate. When I handed the gate pass to gatekeeper and was just going to press the accelerator he suddenly jumped in front of my car. I shouted are you nuts or what, what are you doing. He said there is not signature in the gate pass then I pointed him the signature of SA, he said I can’t allow you to exit, first go and get the paper signed.

That was the time when I was unable to control my anger, and instantly shouted “does anyone in your workshop has the guts to stop me here, this is not my duty to get it signed, ask the SA about it”. More guards gathered instantly and requested me to wait for a while, meanwhile one of them went to call higher officials. I said whoever handles it, make him come here instantly otherwise you people would not be able to stop me anyhow (highly frustrated).

After waiting for nearly 10 min on the road I asked a guard “if your security officers do not have time to look into the matter, then I cannot wait for them”, he said please sir don’t go otherwise, I’ll loose my job. I said ok but make it quick, he went inside and this time too nobody came till another 10 min, that guard started moving too and fro at the gate. I asked him that I am going and if anybody ask then tell them the Reg. No. of my ride and my name so that they can do whatever they want to. Instantly he waved his hand and said you can go sir.

So guys this was the first shock for me from trustworthy Oberoi Cars Noida Sec-1.

Next day I went to Him Motors Patparganj, got the job card opened. Within next 2 hours they told me the situation with my ride first they told me that they don’t have the part (CMC) in stock, so I asked them to do rest of the works. They tried to do the same. I was looking in the workshop that 3 of the workers were working in the car to find the rattling source in my car sincerely.

In the evening the SA came and asked me to leave the vehicle as they do not have CMC in stock and the source of rattling is still unknown. Then I asked him to give my ride back, as I would be coming when you’ll be having the part. He said we’ll be calling you as soon as we’ll be having the CMC. In a short while he gave me the keys with the gate pass. I came back.

Guys I was really satisfied to see the workers working hard to resolve the issue, though they were unable to find the rattling source but still, it gave me the feeling that they are at least trying to make me satisfy.
    On dated 7-9-12, I received a call from Him Motors confirming the arrival of CMC, and asked me to pay a visit on 8-9-12, I confirmed the same.

But I went there on 11-9-12 due to time restrictions. They opened the job card at 10 am and told me that the work may take a little longer I said no problem take your time but resolve the issue and don’t ask me to leave the car in the evening. SA replied don’t worry sir, with a sweet assurance smile.

I must say they did what they said to me, at around 4 pm my ride was in the washing bay and at 4:30 I left the service station, after thanking Soni uncle, Mr. O P Sharma Ji and SA. Every issue other than rusting has been resolved by him motors, as they told me that it’s due to installation of mud flaps, which was done by Oberoi Cars.
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Buddy, i am glad that your Punto is back in business after the clutch changes. But Really sorry for whatever you've gone through at Oberoi. My blood started boiling as I read wat you narrated about manza hitting your ride, SA's bullsh** attitude. How unprofessional to say the least! How can they be so careless. Seroiusly hope that Fiat comes up with their own service centre soon all over India.
    2 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Vivek, really can feel your emotions through your post! Hats off to your patience. Finally relieved to know that your car is ready! Please wake up FIAT :hit
    2 people like this.
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Guys yesterday my ride did her first high speed cruising on Yamuna Expressway, she was hovering at 170+. She was damn stable at those speeds, with 12.5~13kmpl shown by MID as Instantaneous fuel consumption. I am just loving it guys.
    1 person likes this.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Vivek,

Nice thread and gr8 to see your excitement and passion about your punto.
    170+ is a bit too high on indian roads/on any roads ( i accept its an Expressway), neverthless drive safe.
    Not that i dont do some high speed runs ;-) but never at such high speed :rolleyes:

Enjoy your ride
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Good to see you are enjoying your ride...drive safe...
    1 person likes this.
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Firstly welcome to the forum buddy.

I think these high speed cruising is normal for punto. Any one can do this on any FIAT IMHO.
    The kind of stability it offers actually lets you drive it like this.
  10. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Could any one from delhi tell, where can i get Nitrogen filled in tires of my ride, at east delhi or nearby area.