1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A new Punter

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vivekrj.dieselhead, May 29, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    How to install ecoDrive?
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Sorry, but i didn't got your point.
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Can anyone please tell me, where can i get good quality honeycomb grill for punto in delhi, and at what cost.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What a review, Enjoyed reading it. Congrats!!
    Don't worry about those small niggles, they will be taken care by TASS/warranty as & when it arrives. Yes, a bit hard luck to begin with FIAT but that doesn't conclude your yet to come ownership experience. That is going to be awesome as already sypmtoms are there. The basics of this car are ageless & will never bother you. These wipers, khat-khat, ac gas issue etc. can occur anytime.
    Good observation on downforce created. I have done a lots of brain storming how this car feels so planted whereas others are challenged by a strong wind blow. That's a bit of ferrari know hows via FIAT into Punto. Never the less, monocoque chassis, telescopic damper & wonderful suspension set up is contributing it's own way. That total experience & passion to make cars different than usual stuff.
    I can see FIAT already getting on your head. Be prepared for an automotive nirvana as this car will keep you expect more & more out of it. FIAT is a car like others but very special in mesmerising ways!!
    1 person likes this.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Why dint u cover the arm rest with the same seat covers..
    do it asap..
  6. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    I'll be getting it done in a week or so.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Very good...will change the whole outlook once its doe.
  8. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Can anyone please tell me, where can i get good quality honeycomb grill for punto in delhi, and at what cost.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Thanks

I am not worrying, but i usually end up wasting time due to these niggles.

Correct, I can understand these things can happen to anybody & anytime.

I came to know about downforce when i was 15, and felt it now. Yes definitely, passion is what actually responsible for such a wonderful experience.

You get it right, btw what is "automotive nirvana". I completely agree with you.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I too hope so.
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Hey guys a new incident happened yesterday, some good and some bad. Firstly bad, driver side door lock lever went kaput due to which I am unable to lock my car.
    And the good one, Yesterday it was my friend’s engagement when I reached there I came to know that I am unable to lock my car, so I appointed the parking guy after making some payment.

After the ceremony we(my 3 friends and me) headed to the bhabi’s home to meet her personally, after get-together with her we felt hungry, it was 9:30 pm so we decided to have dinner in pacific mall, I parked my ride in the second basement of the mall, and guys parking lot was hardly having space, somehow I parked it. Just after 10 min we came back, as there was no space in the food court as well.

In the process of taking my ride out of lot, a matiz kissed rear fender of my ride, instantly I came out and tried to inspect the scratch, voila there was just some paint residue of matiz, which can easily be removed with petrol dipped cloth. I stepped behind the wheels and moved towards the exit.

We reached the exit ramp( highly inclined), at the time car was crawling and one of my friend said “what a car it is, not even able to climb the ramp easily”. Then I just replied “take a look at my feet”. He was surprised, looking that they were away from the pedals and the car was even accelerating, and I was smiling like always.

He again said “what a car it is”, this time it was in a praising manner. So after exiting the mall we headed towards mahagun mall. We took a healthy meal in the mall, time came to exit the mall and my friends requested to do the same on the ramp, cause this ramp was more inclined and longer than last one, this time even I was surprised to see the capability of my lovely ride, and my friends were just praising my ride again and again.

I have experienced many incidents like these, in which i felt there is something really exclusive in this car. And some people says that punto is not fun to drive, how funny.

I don’t feel driving like fire on your tail is funny in any way, I find people getting surprised, with my ride far more funnier than accelerating rapidly.

I remember someone saying that, fun to drive factor is diff. for everyone, it is just like, I find a girl hot is not necessary that you‘ll also. And I completely agree with this fact, after all we usually drive in city, and I don’t like jerky ride, though sometimes I do drive rash just for other kind of fun:devil. I think punto is very much capable of giving you every kind of fun which a car can.

Have fun and drive safe.
    3 people like this.
  10. vivekrj.dieselhead

delhi
    Yesterday, I have got my ride serviced first time.
    I won’t say that it was a pleasing experience at starting but later it really was.
    It started with some bad, when I reached oberai cars, I saw that it was full of cars so I decided to resolve the issue related with locks and get it serviced some time later.

First of all I went to GM’s room to have some conversation with Mr. Gopalan and get my ride serviced, instantly an SA came and said that he already have more than 10 fiats to be serviced, so I dropped the idea of its service. I asked Mr. Gopalan only resolve locking issue, he confirmed the same and took the keys.

I went to the sales dept. as it was time for lunch, to meet the people at sales, who have now become my friends. I came back to take a look at my ride, it was still parked on the road outside.

As soon as I went near the car, I saw some scratches on the rear bumper. It seemed as if it was hit and I was just:A(not again). Then I tried to meet Mr. Gopalan, guess what my bad, as he was in meeting. With no other way out, I started waiting for him outside the meeting room.

As soon as he came out, he said that left front door latch is faulty and I am getting it replaced under warranty. I interrupted and told him it is been hit from behind. There are lots to scratches on rear bumper and he was just:eek:. Then he said don’t worry meet me in service dept. meanwhile I am calling your vehicle inside.

Same as he said happened within minutes, he then took a thorough look at the damage and replied don’t worry you won’t be able to find the damage, only after rubbing, if something would still be noticeable then I’ll take care of that.

After hearing this I was just:dance. In a short while job card opened and people started working on my ride. Instantly a thought came into my mind and I asked Mr. Gopalan why you don’t get it serviced as there is nothing to do, but to check and top-up the vehicle as it is first service. He confirmed and asked the SA for service.

All in all experience was good, every earlier issue were also resolved. She was looking beautiful, when coming out of bath.
    I thanked Mr. Gopalan for whatever he did to make my service experience pleasing. As soon as I took steering in my hand it was feeling fresh, with smooth gears, lighter clutch. I knew nothing related to these things has been done but still…….. I don’t know why.

Have Fun And Drive Safe.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012