1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"A New map for Linea 1.3 MJD by Fiat India as in Abarth" Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by dr.stephen, Dec 4, 2015.

1. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello everybody,
    Now Fiat has launched Abarth 1.4 T-jet with a different tuning in the same engine that is presently available in Linea T-Jet.For this they have altered suspension,clutch etc.....Now my query is -Is the same is possible in 1.3 Mjd by Fiat itself/Or,can this new ECU can be used in existing T-Jets.My reqirement is I need an ECU upgraded by FIAT itself.I am not willing to go somewhere for ECU upgrade for more power .If Fiat is doing it for Abarth ,they should give/share it with needed existing customers.Now those who need improvement are going after so called TUNERS or REMAPPERS witout knowing the after effects.Big money is also put in.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I dont think Fiat or any manufacturer for that matter will give such a support. They will develop a product and that becomes a model on its own and creates an identity for itself and sells. That is how different versions are created. If a lower model can be upgraded by the mfr as expected by you, then one can always buy a basic model and keep upgrading it . Just on a lighter note, your request is more like going to the tailor to have a trouser stitched but let him take measurement for a shorts , but requesting him to keep the length alone as 40, 42 inches. (Tailoring charge for shorts is lesser than Pant) :))))

Abdul
  3. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Abdul[/QUOTE]

Is it means no other car manufacturer is not updating/upgrading the ECU supplied by them to a model at later stages?. Actually I do not know anythig about this.Can anyone make a clarification on this .I am not asking for the Map of ABARTH for others.FIAT people can address the issues of a model's ECU map.For example,the map of Linea MJD can be slightly tuned so that slight improvement in it's pickup at start can be resolved.How can we compare a tailor stitching a shorts/pants to the modification of a software.Yes ,it requires rigorous testing for changing a map of a car.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Abarth Puntos Different tuning is not achieved by a mere ecu remap Fiat had put good amount of effort to achieve that too within a budget. see the list below posted by TFIan patchy boy.

1. Turbo Charger
    2. Exhaust Manifold
    3. Intake Camshaft
    4. Exhaust Camshaft
    5. Intake Air Fuel Module
    6. Pressure Sensor After the Intercooler
    7. Boost Pressure and Temperature Sensor on Intake Manifold
    8. Fuel Rail
    9. Spark Plugs
    10. Injectors
    11. Battery
    12. Blue & Me control unit removed. Replaced with Uconnect
    13. Obviously different maps
  5. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Yes indeed. A different tuning means varying/altering the parameters that related to combustion and related parameters.To withstand the increased torque and power the associated equipments has to be altered.What I suggest is a slight improvement power in the initial gears of the car.Not a complete change of the map.Fiat is using long gears.This is good for fuel efficiency.But initially the car is slightly shot of pulling power.Yes ,for people like me (50+) the present setup is more than enough.But younger generation is not satisfied.Now LineaMJD is 90BHP.With slight change I mean 5 to 7 % improvement . I think is achievable with slight modification in ECU without changing Rail pressure etc.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @dr.stephen slight modifications are there on evo or new linea also. Although I don't know what, but if drive reports are considered they have ironed out some things without major hardware changes. They have not publicized it for some legal reasons or company policies since in essence it not a whole new engine, drivertrain etc. But that's my guesswork again. Again what you suggest about ecu update is offered without major recalls and kindof only as a service circular where customers have faced issues that company acknowledged. But some dealers have in past ignored or not informed customers since it was a free service that they were to offer. For example clutch sc or air filter cover upgrade for sudden loss of power issue. In principal agreed Fiat can offer such Service upgrades but 9 out of 10 times it's the gearbox that's blamed on the mjd. So we don't know for sure that only ecu upgrades can make that small difference without actually affecting other hardware like engine or valves or crucial temperatures that matter etc.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015