1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A new addition to our great TFI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by the_crusader, Jul 29, 2013.

1. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Hi TFIans,

First of all thanks to all the admins and mods who has given me an opportunity to join this rocking community of Fiat owners in India and introduce myself.
    I am a Software Test Engineer by profession and stay in Bangalore with my family.
    Although I owned Fiat Linea from July, 2010, it took me a while to know about this great community of FIAT owners. As soon as I got to know about this community, I became almost desperate to join here and introduce myself and my car to all of you.
    Let's start with my buying decision of Fiat Linea. When I first saw this car around 2009, I was moved by its looks. :eek: The word “Admiration Guaranteed” suites my situation very well and since then I have soft corner for this car.
    During initial 2010 we started planning to get a new car for us and during that process we test driven couple of cars in that segment and price range, starting from Hyundai i20, Ford Fiesta, old Hyundai Verna, Maruti SX4 to All New Honda City. Then we decided to visit Fiat Showroom here. When we visited Prerna Motors on Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, and asked for Fiat Linea, they started showing us Tata Manza instead and said this is much better car as it has great interiors , power, better seating space and what not. We insisted them that we want to see and test drive Fiat Linea but even then they kept talking about Tata Manza and suggested us to test drive Tata Manza first as Fiat Linea test drive vehicle was not available then. We personally felt very bad about FIAT’s treatment by TATA dealers there and left the showroom. We started becoming little suspicious about Fiat’s treatment by TATA guys and its after sales service. After this incident, we stopped talking about FIAT for a while. :(
    After few days, we saw a Flamenco Red Fiat Linea parked near our apartment and my wife started praising the beauty of it. I already had a soft corner towards it so we started reconsidering FIAT again. On recommendation by one of my friends, we visited Concorde Motors, dairy circle Bangalore and we were quite comfortable to see their greetings on the arrival. They had separate Tata and Fiat sections there. On our arrival we were asked our interest and my wife pointed her fingers towards Flamenco Red Fiat Linea lying on the showroom. The receptionist called Fiat Sales Guy and he took us to Fiat Linea and started showing its features and configurations. This was the first time we sat inside Linea and were pleasantly surprised by the car interiors and the features in this price range. While I was looking at other features like Driver’s Hand rest, rear AC, 500 L boot space, rear seating comfort, ACC, Blue & Me etc, most important thing which took attention of my wife is illuminated vanity mirror on both driver and passenger side. :) For her it was the greatest feature. By now, my wife seemed decisive enough to own this car. She said this car is great with all these next generation features. Some of the features like Blue & Me, Rear AC, 500 L boot, Driver Hand Rest, illuminated vanity mirror was quite unique at that time among similar segment of cars. We immediately plan to take a test drive of petrol version of this car.
    During test drive, we were pleased with the driving comfort at one hand, but slow power delivery disappointed us big time on the other. It may be because of huge traffic on that road and linear power delivery of the car, but it took a hit on my excitement. After a cup of tea served by the sales person, we left the showroom after assuring them to update in couple of days.
    Among all of the cars test driven by me , I started considering Ford Fiesta Petrol due to its thrilling power delivery, good fuel efficiency and most importantly the price, but somehow I still had a soft corner at Fiat Linea. My wife kept convincing me for Fiat Linea due to its looks and kind of next gen features we were getting in that car.
    We decided to take another round of test drive of Fiat Linea and this time a little longer one. When Fiat Sales guy called me I told about my plan and he immediately agreed to it and that too on Saturdays. On the following Saturday he brought the car at our apartment and we geared up for a little long drive in outer ring road which almost use to be an empty stretch those days. This time I was amazed by the car’s handling and stability at high speed and I didn’t noticed the power lag as compared to my first drive. :p This 10-12 Kms drive have changed my mind in favour of this car and we decided to book it. On 9[SUP]th[/SUP] July, 2010 we got the delivery of this Flamenco Red Petrol Linea Emotion Pk after a wait of around 9 days. We took some additional accessories for her like rear parking sensors, beige art leather seat covers and a complementary car cover and didn’t feel any need for anything else as it was a fully loaded car. Since then, this car kept making us proud with its great looks and handling. Although we have not driven this car much during these 3 years due to other personal engagements, but we are planning for few long drives in coming months. During initial months of our ownership we took it to Goa, Chennai and some of the nearby areas around Bangalore but not much after that.
    Although I have not pampered my car much till now as our Ravi Sir did, but on completion of her 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] anniversary I gifted her GC upgrade kit. I am yet to sufficiently drive it to comment more on that. I will post some pictures soon on this forum.
    Hope I have not borred you all and look forward for a great association and comments from all of you.
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hello and a very warm welcome to TFI :)! we would love to read your ownership experience also!
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A very warm Welcome to you. Have a blast here. :)
  4. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Shams and Ramjn for your warm welcome. I will post my ownership experience soon.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Welcome to TFI family..post pics of ur Beauty..have a great time here..
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Welcome to TFI! Enjoy your stay! :)
  8. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Zenwalker, Nadeem and Fiatlover for warm welcome.
    Though I am not very good at photography, few point & click snaps from my mobile are here: At-Yelagiri.JPG At-Yerkaud.JPG At-Yerkaud2.JPG
    5 people like this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations.
    How many kms on the odo?
  10. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks limraj. As I mentioned earlier in my intro, I could not drive car much in all these 3 years.
    Current odo reads only 18000 + kms :(