1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A momentary lapse of reason! loved Punto .. fell for T-Jet :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by weathered, Aug 28, 2013.

1. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks ghodlur! I've booked Black in Dynamic variant. OTR after discounts is 9.4L.
  2. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Spoke to the sales guy today. Car has arrived in the main yard. Forgot to ask where is it, must be outside city limits. He asked me to do the money transfer for the balance amount - RTGS. After the payment confirmation he'll get the car to Vecto showroom backyard where I can do the PDI before registration. Is it a better idea to ask him get the car before full payment? He's yet to share the VIN number.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is the sequence:

1. Ask him for the VIN
    2. Do the PDI - Even if it means going to Nelamangala (That is where the yard is. But I also understand that they stock FIAT only in the backyard of Vecto)
    3. Once satisfied, transfer the money. Hold back to a marginal amount, say 10 K
    4. Pay that marginal amount in cash when taking delivery.

Make it very clear that you are not going to transfer even one rupee, till points 1 and 2 are satisfied. If they cannot be, tell him that you will cancel the order.

Rajan
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ The PDI is done at the showroom parking lot itself. Nelamangala yard is no longer used for Fiat cars.

+1 to what Rajan mentioned. Do not budge until you are obliged for the PDI and you are satisfied with it.
  5. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for the heads up Rajan & Krishna. I'll take your suggestions forward.
  6. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Hi Weathered: Sorry I was busy yesterday and couldn't update the thread. I got a call from Madhu yesterday. He informed me that my car has reached the showroom and I can come for PDI. I went for PDI today and my thread is updated with the PDI story. I am yet to upload the pictures though. Apart from the MID shock on fuel consumption, everything looks okay :-D..

What is update at your end? I hope you must have made it clear to the sales guys to arrange for PDI first and then you'll make the payment. When are you planning to do the PDI?
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  7. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Good to know you're done with the PDI. I'm planning to do the PDI either on Saturday or Sunday morning. Balance payment should happen after that, and I've informed the sales guy. How long does it take to go over all the checkpoints? Did you spot a Black Dynamic in the yard parked somewhere nearby? :)
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Weekend is always the best for these activities, but I couldn't stop myself from having the PDI as soon as possible. It takes around one hour to an hour and half to finish the PDI. In my experience, apart from external surface condition, there is hardly anything to check in a brand new vehicle. Or maybe I felt so because all the things worked as expected :D. Good luck with your PDI, please do check each and every functionality and update us on how it went. I wish I had a chance to see your black beauty, but my Jet was parked in the Vecto courtyard just opposite showroom, so didn't get an opportunity. Guess will have to wait for some more time to get to see your babe :).
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  9. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Had been to Vecto today evening. Car is parked in Prerana (TATA motors) yard which is about a couple of km from Vecto showroom. Had a quick 10 min glance all over. Aug 2013 manufactured. Didn't pickup anything out of place as no wash was done, and it had rained for the past few days. Will be doing the PDI early next week and drive her home, most likely on Friday.
  10. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Got the car delivered on Friday the 13th! I was promised the delivery would happen by 2 PM (I wanted the car by 12 PM), but the delivery guys at Vecto managed to see me off only around 5 pm. Apparently, I observed mine was the only car being delivered on that day and they still could not make it on time. Had a chance to meet Krishna first time, just for a few minutes, he was there at Vecto to fix up something on his car. I was tired and drove home. Took the Nice Road and revved her up to feel the turbo kick. Felt rejuvenated along the way :)

Saturday - changed tires to Yokohama AVS V550 dbs of the same stock size - 195/60 R15. Paid 10K on exchange of 4 Apollo Acceleres.

Sunday - Drove to 3M HSR late in the noon. Got the under body coating done along with a quick foam wash and wax application (paint sealant). Met a few guys.. Krishna, Gautham, Jaggu, Azeem, Mohan & Navi. Hope i got all of them right! I forgot the senior gentleman's name, only remember his handle TheTeacher! All in all a fun weekend.
    1 person likes this.