1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A momentary lapse of reason! loved Punto .. fell for T-Jet :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by weathered, Aug 28, 2013.

1. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Congratulations Weathered :). I also booked the Jet on same day from Vecto. Its good to see fan following of Tjet increasing with the day. Your choice of color is fabulous. I am a big fan of cars in black and Linea looks so yum in black color. Wish you many many happy miles in your jet.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

congratulations! :) that line was fantastic, "Then TJet happened" ! :D
    very nice to see many new TJet threads on TFI !
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I Agree, there seems to be a surge of bookings now , great going!

4. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Dehradun
    Dear Weathered,
    Since you mentioned you had Yamaha RX135, T-Jet would have appealed to you.
    Congratulations and time for celebrations. :)
    Regards
    Tushar
  5. RDY

RDY Timido

India
    Congratulations, I have written this word so many times today.:) And I am very happy about it.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Never mind... it sort of dilemma, which hand you love more... left or right... at the end of the day, you decide that it could be right hand because you are a right handed person and use it more than left. That doesn't mean left hand is useless:evilsmile. There is nothing to chose between a Punto and Linea. I personally favor Hatchbacks because it escapes extra lugging of the boot, when rear is so wanted during spirited drive. Congrats for Linea as it's one hell of a car!

However, i am lately confused by the inclusion of compact SUVs in B/C segment car choices. You know Duster/Ecosport.... not a bad thing but a car is altogether a different concept. SUV and a car can't fall among a common choice. Car is agile, better cruisers and handlers than an SUV. SUV holds on it's own when it is viewed otherwise. It is getting down as the impression of more KGs of metal/INR than it's actual use.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  7. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Thank you all for the warm wishes!

The sales guy called me yesterday and said the car is in transit. Based on the posts by fellow members who have booked before me, I doubted it. But, I didn't probe him further. He said if the car is not invoiced in my name by this month (today!), the offers applicable for the month of August may or may not carry over to September. I have paid the booking (on 18th Aug) + down payment (on 25th Aug) amounting close to 20% of the invoice value. I'm in no hurry and willing to wait for the car to arrive before making the full & final payment. However, on the day I booked the car, I clearly remember him saying that if there is a change in the offer before the car is delivered, then I can send an email mentioning the details and he would do the rest. Hope this helps fellow members who are waiting.
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Weathered, did you hear back from Vecto on the transit status? It seems our Jets might be co-passengers on the same consignment. I tried calling sales rep today to check on the status but couldn't reach him. BTW, who is sales rep for you?
  9. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Sales rep is Madhu. I spoke with him on Saturday 31st Aug. He said the car is in transit and last time he checked, the consignment had reached Dharwad. Expected to reach Bangalore on Monday evening, i.e. today. He asked me to send an email containing booking info & confirming the model, variant & color etc., so the dealer would invoice and I did the same. He said he'll message me the VIN number, but yet to do so. Since Sunday, he is'nt picking the calls. No idea if he is at work or taken a few days off!
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @weathered,

Congratulations on booking the T-jet. Eitherways the new car is from the same family, so you would anyways have enjoyed the car.

BTW what colour have you booked and mind sharing the OTR cost.

The wait will now get to your nerves. Hope you will post a detailed ownership review and lots of pics.