1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A momentary lapse of reason! loved Punto .. fell for T-Jet :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by weathered, Aug 28, 2013.

1. weathered

weathered Timido

Bangalore
    Guys,
    I've booked a Black T-Jet Dynamic on Aug 18th from Vecto Motors. Sounds easy isn't it? Well..it happened, just like that! One test drive and the car simply blew my mind! Then, heart took over :wink:

Been driving around a Zen & a slightly modded RX 135 for the past decade and both continue to serve me well. For the past couple of years, I've been contemplating to buy a bigger hatchback. Sampled friends cars on long drives. Liked many, loved none. The thought about picking a reasonably powered diesel hatch with good ride & handling to combat rising fuel prices used to pass through my mind, time & again. But for some reason or the other, nothing materialized.

I always lusted after a powerful petrol car. Had fell in love with Punto at first sight. Go buy a diesel, whichever you decide..most around me suggested. End of last year, Punto 90HP it was. Backed out at the last minute.

Most of my driving would be within city limits and some occasional highway trips. A powerful hatchback suffices our purpose is my idea, wife says sedan or ecosport, she's is running out of patience. I am a sedan convert by now! Price you pay for the delay :smile:

Then T-Jet happened!

Opted Dynamic variant. Felt 15" profile would have a slightly better ride quality at city speeds, especially on broken potholed roads in Bangalore city. Plus a slight reduction in ground clearance to 185 mm. 190 mm is overkill considering the well tuned suspension. I'm also used to having wooden beads on the seat for comfort. So that would probably defeat the purpose of leather seats. Finally, I didn't like those chrome moldings all around the car in Emotion variant. I would have been happier even if the door handles were body colored like in Active variant.

Now the wait starts, though I'm in no hurry to get the car. Since booking, I'm seeing red hot Puntos around the city on my daily drives. Pricking me often, in a way to remind I ditched her in favor of her sister :razz:
    6 people like this.
  2. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Congrats brother! I know exactly what you mean as I was in the same boat as you when deciding on my next car. I was so sure I need a diesel, what sane person buys a petrol these days? (or so I thought!) Well one TD of the T-Jet and all logic went right out of the window! One drive and you're a goner! In fact I have also booked my T-Jet yesterday, in New Pearl White though. Go JETS!
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats on your booking and have a great fun. Do write ownership post once you get the car!
  4. Congratulations on your booking, a Tjet revving at 6K rpm in highway is a monster for sure.
    So model naming conventions changed for Tjet, it used to Tjet and Tjet Plus earlier, please pardon my ignorance.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on booking the Tjet. The challenge of buying a Tjet has just started :) but it will worth it when you get to drive it.

Its definitely raining Tjets in TFI for sure.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations and welcome.
    One more Jet! The similarity with all new of them in this forum is : the TD blew them off!!!
    I'll be doing a TD soon to see what the Jet is.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Another T-Jet....:p Congrats weathered.
  8. jet

jet Timido

bangalore
    Congrats !

Its Raining T-Jets :)
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ha! Congratulations my good sir :)

This is the season of T-Jets in TFI for sure.

Cheers.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Many many congratulations and look forward to reading updates and seeing images!!