1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Letter to FIAT INDIA from a group of true enthusiasts.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by rahulrajen, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    500 X Sexy.
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do appreciate the effort put by @rahulrajen and hats off to his details covered, however pricing all of them for 11lk with soo many reasons would be a task. Also as a old Fiat Customer since Permier Padmini Days and still own a 2002 Palio, I know the difference between Localised part and Imported part, for ex: AL / IJL make of headlight for Palio, I am sure old Fiat veterans know what I am talking about.
    Even though people criticize the car by xyz reasons, I know for a fact that imported parts which we use in cars of Fiat sources out is definitely a Quality stuff which in India isn't possible.
    All Fiat needs are new modes along with Punto / Linea line-up or probably use the same platform and makes models over models like Maruti-Suzuki/ Hyundai and sell them and most important put in some standards for ASS.
    Fiat is very strict with dealers when it comes to Space requirements and is very super strict with Credit limits, but where it matters Services Personal at service centres and Accessories Installation Personal at Dealerships aren't of any standard, anybody who knows the difference between a Screw driver and a spanner works in FASS and create more or new problems to our cars than.
    If Quality improvement is seen and if they use the Moto like how 3M has (No cars go out dirty from our Store), Fiat really can keep a small bunch of people happy and overtime see number going only up.
    Also if Fiat still support cars like Uno/Sinea/Palio/Adventure then nothing like it because now of sourcing the parts is a big worry and if Fiat does start to resupply parts and spares for older gen cars that will be talk of town for the company as we have seen historically at any given point of time a Fiat car has been part of us let be a taxi or a relative's car or even like in my case Father's car.
    Tornado and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    @rahulrajen , Excellent letter covering the minute details. Only a die hard Fiat enthusiast can take time and write passionately. Thanks much. Even if Fiat doesn't make any proper moves in the future, I don't think it deserves us. I am afraid I may be trapped by Hyundai someday down the line looking at their launches.

HyundaiTucsonfrontattheAutoExpo2016.jpg

HyundaiTucsonfrontattheAutoExpo2016.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I simply fail to understand this logic. This is like saying, I will not study for my exams since I know that I will fail and also the examiner is biased. A crude analogy but you get my point. India is a developing market. The sales here have been forecast to grow in the near future. Take the example of Mahindra. What brand image does a tractor manufacturer have? Staring with the XUV 5OO, they have been putting honest efforts in their products and are doing well. Well atleast much better than Fiat. Fiat still has the advantage of being "phoren" brand.
    If as per you the brand is not working, what is stopping them from re branding to Chrysler or whatever? Now please do not argue that re branding will cost Fiat money and it is not worth it.
    Being an outsourcing contractor will be a shame considering the how many well engineered products they have.
    SwifttoPunto and kgramesh like this.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Lets be realistic here. The wish list is awesome and everyone would love to have those. How on earth under 11 Lakhs ?
  6. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear FIATians,
    Introducing new cars to Indian roads, let it be second in priority list. First let them(FIAT India) bring FIAT-Service -Center to my city Srinagar J&K. Presently, I'm driving two FIATs ,dear to my heart, My-Palio, and the best in the segment LineaT-Jet+ 2012 model.
    In any conditions, I'm a die-hard FIAT-lover..!!
    I would love to add a SUV type 4x4 type to my line of FIATs, but where I'll,even, wash those ?
    I wash my Fiats myself and travel 300KMs to Jammu for normal annual services like M-oil and filter changes etc. I feel now pity on FIAT-India.
    You can understand my "madness" about the FIAT from my thread,
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/finally-reined-the-snow-leopard-my-lineatjet-plus.5837/
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  7. Aditya0027

Aditya0027 Timido

Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    The letter seems to be an excellent example of SOMEONE IS WAITING for you to change coz it is the need of the hour and also talks about what exactly is required. I am not saying the FIAT management or Marketing team are not doing their job at all.. ITS TIME NOW THEY HAVE TO HIT IT RIGHT!!!!! And we enthusiasts or i would say FIAT lovers are always there for support and brand building!!!
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Guys a considerable amount of people do not have the time nor inclination to understand the product value that Fiat cars have irrespective of all the cons associated with it. These users are going elsewhere already. By posting anything on Facebook we leave a lot of room for interpretation for novice car buyers. And when he or she wants to invest 'safe' it becomes yet another reason for harming Fiat sales. The difference on sharing on this forum is that this is a forum of Fiat car enthusiasts and also for those looking for support or actually trying to fix their ailing cars. Facebook is a platform that makes it easier for inauthentic posters and readers alike to draw inferences from. With little to no moderation. Basically a huge number of one sided stories. So do write to Fiat thousands of letters I say if you really care and want to do good.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 5, 2016 ---
    @prabhjot the solution is to make that iPhone or Walkman the world went crazy about OR make sure your best product and technology is appreciated by doing the right thing first time, everytime (almost).
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. On wheels

On wheels Timido

Thane
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @rahulrajen
    That was a great exhibit of emotions and enthusiasm. But, I don't feel that it will be heard by Fiat. Even if they hear, there won't be any action.
    Believe me, I had written an email (with different subject line) to the top brass of the company a year ago, but in vain.
  10. rahulrajen

rahulrajen Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you all for your appreciation. Yes..I am not sure how well it would reach and be recognized by the FIAT India Board. Also how far will it be feasible to mix and match the said features, to pit it against current top sellers like Hyundai I20 and Verna at a competitive price.. Atleast, if FIAT-India does some case study on Hyundai's, VW's they would know, what we people really like and how to balance the feature-price combo.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2016 ---
    UPDATE. Recently drove the New MS Grand-Vitara which was loaded with most of the features said above in my letter, including the expected Engine, priced at just Rs.11.64L on-road. Hope by this time many of you would have had hands-on it. Did you notice? It has (cant say worst, but) not so good quality interior finish, the doors feel flimsy, the ride feels rolly on corners and the body feels light. Still 50k bookings and going strong.. FIAT-India.. Are you Hearing...????!!!! I should accept that as an overall package, the Grand Vitara is worth for its money. But as a petrohead, it fails to impress me. Its like a tug-of-war between mind and heart. Dont know..May be I may fall prey to my mind, in case I have to wait long, expecting a good & different stallion from FIAT's stable.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 2, 2016, Original Post Date: May 2, 2016 ---
    Meant Vitara Brezza..The name Grand Vitara stands in mind, as it was one of the good cars built.
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.