1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I assume the second service is being referred to the one done at 17,000km's. That is a LOT of km's for one oil fill to endure. Although i do not know what exactly has gone wrong with the turbo, but a 17,000km run oil would have done the turbo no good either. The fluid bearing, by its very design, swims and spins in a bath of oil. And if the oil isn't upto the mark in terms of strength and lubricity, the turbo can suffer.

FIAT has already prescribe a severe interval of 15,000km's, which i wholeheartedly disagree with and pressing the oil more is not advised at all. I personally believe in 7500km oil changes.

Hope your Punto is back to full glory soon.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes it was at 17xxx kms. i know that was a mistake from my side but i m hoping that its not a big enough reason as per Fiat to deny the warranty claim.
    Thanks. As of now no other problem with turbo has been observed except the sound. Hope I don't have to pay for it from my pocket. 19xxx rupees is a lot of money!!
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Good news!!
    After a couple of emails to Mr. Mangesh, got reply from a tata motors guy last week saying that the necessary repairs will be carried out under warranty based on my request and a CSM from tata motors will co-ordinate with the dealer and take it further.

Currently I am waiting for someone to contact the dealer after which the turbocharger needs to be ordered.
    2 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Update on turbocharger replacement:Dealer informed last week that the turbocharger has arrived. I took an appointment of today for getting it replaced. They said it would take two days for the replacement.

Today morning i took my punto to the KHT motors SC. Had a look at the turbo charger sealed packet. They had procured it directly from its manufacturer and not from Fiat. Fiat was nowhere mentioned on the packet. It also had some part no which wasn't of Fiat as expected. It also had MRP mentioned as 12600 as mentioned by Vijay in another thread

They opened the pack and showed it to me. As there was no ramp vacant they were going to start the work in the afternoon and give the car back to me tomorrow. I left the car with them and went to office.

At 3:30 pm I got a call from the SA that the turbocharger they have received is of a Linea, so please take your car back as it would take another week for the right one to arrive. Told them to drop the car to my office to which they obliged.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you terrible missed a chance of having a VGT in your active !!! :D ... better luck next time !! :razz:
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Haha.. :) that thought had crossed my mind.. but I am sure lot of other things need to be done if fgt is swapped with vgt about which neither i am aware nor did i expect anyone from the sc to be aware... otherwise i would have definitely tried to convince them ... ;);) they wouldn't have agreed anyways but who knows..
  7. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    Shams shocked to see the accident pictures . Thank God you are safe and the car is back in shape.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the wishes abhinav!!

A bad day today! got a small dent and a deep scratch on the rear left door for not much fault of mine except that I was driving little fast. The damage was gifted by a biker who was going straight in second lane when I was coming from behind in the first lane. Just when i was crossing him after honking many times to keep him aware, he veered into my lane and dham! dham! dham!. The bike shook but didn't fall.
    in the next traffic pile up he came near my car and asked me to stop. he was under the impression that it was my mistake and i hit them (pillion was also there) while trying to overtake. I stopped, got down shouting and gave him a piece of my mind telling him to keep his ears and eyes open while changing lanes. Hope he realized that atleast some fault was his..

Didn't notice the damage that time as i was looking at the area near the left orvm. left from their relieved (ofcourse with bad mood!). later on while parking the car found the damage on the door.

have got into this bad habit of driving fast in the city..with that, at times it becomes difficult to get away from others' mistakes. don't know how to curb it.. trying to listen more to slow songs ;)
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bad shams, but nothing much is going to change even if you drive little slow.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If I drive my 1.4 slow in 2nd & 3rd gear in Bangalore traffic, I will have to take personal loan to fill petrol.

Very true. You won't believe when I say that the two scratches on the front and rear bumper of my Punto was cuased by bikes. One guy took a U-turn from my left to the right, and I had nothing else to do but to knock him down. Luckily, I was very slow and so caused no damage to the biker. He left a scratch on my front bumper. Another guy was like a fire fly, came banged my rear bumper and fell down...Luckily no damages, he came to my door to apologize, and while leaving hit my mirror! Here again I was lucky becuase the mirror has two-way action.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012