1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Went on a short trip to a place called Devarayanadurga.. around 70 kms from Bangalore off Tumkur road. Its at a height of around 1150 mtrs/3700+ ft. Nice for a days drive.

Theres a temple on the top, and a deer park close by which was closed when we reached there. The climb to the top was pretty nice with narrow roads surrounded by thick greenery.

All in all a good place if want an outing with very less time to spare.

2011-08-21 18.14.44.jpg

2011-08-21 18.14.20.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    another short trip to savandurga on 28th aug. 70 kms from bangalore..

2011-08-28 18.36.44.jpg

2011-08-28 18.36.54.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    2 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    at 27000+ kms my punto's brakes have started making sound.. could it be anything other than worn out pads..
    same thing had happened around 14k kms also. i delayed it a bit till 16k only to loose my brake discs also!!
    seems its pretty normal phenomenon in punto/linea to change brake pads every 15k or so if driven aggressively
  4. Maybe true.... cos I got my brake pads changed only at 30000 kms. I drive hard wherever possible but most of the time its normal driving.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    A view of the NICE road in bangalore as seen from a bridge that goes over it...

2011-09-11 16.50.36.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    completed 35000 kms today. off late i have been hearing a whistling sound on pushing the accelerator pedal. its regular and can be heard very clearly while driving but only when accelerating. had shown to SC in a hurry without giving them much time, they were not able to get anything with a quick test drive and under the bonnet check.
    has anyone experienced this before. Any suggestions are welcome.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    The whistling sound can sometimes be heard when driving on a road with trees on both sides. Do you pass through any such road(s)?

This happened with me when me and my father went for the PDI of the Jet in our Palio. I asked my father, "Is there any turbo in the Palio?" :D

This can be one of the many reasons. I am not 100% sure.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    :) the sound comes even when the car is stationary. the SC folks have also heard it very clearly!!
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    yeah i have experienced the sound only when accelerating... mine 15K+ KMS