1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know @shams that you are back with long trips. I too faced this issue. KHT guys resolved it with some clutch adjustments and gear oil change.
    shams likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks @Ravi and @SOOZ_P.

Took the car to KHT SC today. As per their diagnosis, problem is with pressure plate for which entire clutch kit needs to be changed. Since the SC was full, they can take my car on thursday at the earliest. Will drop my car to SC on thursday morning for it.

They arrived at the conclusion that pressure plate is bad by trying to shift gears with engine off. It was shifting smoothly. With engine on, it became hard. If something would have been wrong with gear cables, problem would have persisted with engine off also.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @shams you reminded me of our Ooty meet for a second. Nice that you are back on the highways again. My Linea also had a similar issue with gear slotting. We suspected pressure plates, the techincian said adjustment to gear cable should fix it, but din't want to take a chance so got the clutch assembly replaced under warranty.

Hope to meet you again sometime soon for an interstate meet.
    shams likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    N Kiran likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Got clutch kit replaced at last this Thursday. Clutch and gear have become smooth like butter after the replacement. Original clutch lasted around 81k.

Couple of things pending for replacement are:
    1. FL lower arm - making a tak sound on steering turns on humps. Surprisingly stock was not there at sc.
    2. Accessory belt - some kir kir sound comes on and off
    3. Glow plug/s - warning comes sometimes
    Ravi likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @shams

What made you replace the clutch kit? Was it the hardness in the clutch pedal or the difficulty in gear slotting? I have lately experiencing a lot of stiffness in gear change particularly when downshifting from 4th to 3rd gear.

Was the replacement done in warranty/extended warranty??
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @ghodlur, it was too much of stiffness due to which led to this change. Clutch pedal hardness was still okay. More details on symptoms/ diagnosis in my previous posts #569,#572.

My car is in 6th yr so no warranties
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015