1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad to see your punto in this state Shams. hope to see your beauty back with all its glory soon.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Did you not have the Zero dep add on for your Insurance.

What happens to the old bumper and head light assembly? Will it be salvaged?
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Mine is a comprehensive policy.

Old parts are supposed to be salvaged but owing to the lack of demand in market i dont think i will get anything for them.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry to hear the unfortunate accident to your Punto, @shams. Hope, your Punto will be back to normalcy asap.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Got my car back yesterday.

Total bill came to ~13k out of which i had to pay ~ 5k.
    My share comprised of 50% of cost of headlamps + bumper and processing fees.
    SOOZ_P, Ravi and pabhishek like this.
  6. aruvi24

aruvi24 Timido

kancheepuram
    Dear friends last friday my car was met with an accident,a mahindra bolero van dashed from behind at rear bumper of my car in which left side bumper is damged and it pierced into left rear tyre and dicky also got dented.then i towed the car to rdc sc in ambatur. They have estimated that cost of repair would be around 69k .i will upload the photos of the damage and estimation bill.please guide me i am first time car user.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Posting in this thread after some time.

Off late punto's running has become quite less - 15 kms daily office commute only and no long drives due to my back ache.

Noticed a wierd sound today evening while parking which was coming from somewhere under the bonnet. Here a recording of the sound with bonnet open:
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @shams: is the sound heard all the time when engine is ON? was there any object stuck which you might have under scrapped?
    if the sound is seen all the time then there is something to worry about.
    Typically we need to look for everything that belt drives.
    1. Alternator belt.
    2. AC belts
    3. Water Pumps. etc

One way of diagnosing is to remove each belt one at a time and see if the sounds still creeps in. Thus we can identify the culprit.
    Also check whether you are hearing this sound when AC is turned ON. In that case it could be related to AC belt.
    In most of the cases its due the faulty bearings that drives these belts. Take it to FASS if the sound is consistent and get it verified.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^For some reason I am not able to attach the audio file here.

Will update after getting the car checked tomorrow.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is recording of the sound:

Attached Files: