1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That was a freak mishap. Good that it happened in low speed.
    And now your ride is back too!:)
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    My car has been picked up for 75k service at KHT Fiat today morning. All fluids are going to be replaced in this service. I have also given a list of around 7 small things which need to be fixed. Expecting a good service as always

Car's ODO is at 75.9 k currently. My running has reduced quite a bit since last one year. Going forward i am planning to do oil changes after every 10k kms. Last oil change was done at 61 k.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    My punto is currently in KHT Fiat sc undergoing body work. Met with a minor accident on friday where a goods carrier auto took a left turn around my car from my right brushing the front right of car which resulted in the front bumper getting entangled in the auto and got pulled out. Some pictures from the spot: uploadfromtaptalk1424748357592.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424748370395.jpg
    After the accident the bumper was left hanging on a couple of screws which i am trying to unscrew in the picture. The auto ran away before i could get down from my car. Took out the bumper fully with some help from a friend and a traffic cop loaded it in the boot and drove to sc which was only 1 km away.

The damage:
    Bumper needs replacement.
    Both headlamps need replacement.
    Fender needs painting.

The estimate came to approximately 19k so i am claiming insurance. Have comprehensive policy with RS. Claiming insurance after 2.6 years! Survey happened within 3 hours of registering the claim on friday itself but RS gave approval on monday because they wanted to verify from my previous insurance provider(bharti axa) that i had no claims from them. RS claimed that bharti axa is closed on saturday hence they replied to query from RS only on monday.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh bad.
    But 19K looks little more, do you have break-ups?
    This is fast, good to know.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Heres the approximate breakup:
    Bumper cost + paint ~ 8500
    Fender paint ~ 4000
    Headlights ~ 5000 and rest labour
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @shams

Thats bad. For no fault of yours, you have to claim insurance. Will both the headlights be replaced or just one of them. Good to know that RS has been good in the claim settlement process, I do have insurance from them hence assured. Hope the car is back to its glory at the earliest.

Which FASS did you approach for repairs?
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Must be both the headlights. The plastic locks are pretty fragile on impacts. The driver side headlight looks pretty brusied too. Good thing the survey happened so soon @shams.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    "The estimate came to approximately 19k so i am claiming insurance".

How much you paid from your pocket?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The car is still at sc but i am expecting my share to be around 6-7 k.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Even before this accident, rhs headlight had 1 out of 3 plastic clamps broken and lhs one had all 3 broken. Some jugaad was done to hold the left one in place. Thats the reason lhs one hung on connecting wire when bumper came off. No clamps broke in this accident. Anyways i had to get lhs one also changed so making use of this opportunity. Rhs one got badly bruised with deep scratches so needs to be changed.
    asimpleson likes this.