1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Journey is ON Sir. :)

Happy Miles...
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    if the bite is less then i would stick to galfer only.
    Right now i'm running on MM pads and my god do they last long.
    My driving style has changed little but the pads were changed nearly 35k kms ago...
    Now the discs have almost died so i want to get them changed along with the pads and looking for a better brand.

Considering the price for a pair of roulands what would you suggest?
    I mean price is no compromise for safety but if you say roulands will give 95% the satisfaction as OEM then i would probably pick itup.
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even i am thinking on samelines. One of my Colleague bought Roulunds brake pads from 99rpm as per my suggestion. But his car is manufactured on Month of OCTOBER2011.
    Roulunds design doesnt fit the cars manufactured after Q3 -2011.
    My Car MFG month is JULY 2011. I will try to fit roulunds but after 3-4k kms.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Well its hard to quantify it but if i had to put a number i would think it gives 80-90% of performance in terms of the bite.

It wouldn't matter much unless we had to slam brakes on wrong side of 100. something like in this situation:
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd/2423-journey-punto-17.html#post117479
    maybe i would not have been able to escape if i had these roulunds.
    Having said that, i would be able to post a fairer review after my punto munches some more miles :)
  5. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What an amazing thread. Kudos sir. Have unlimited happy miles :)
  6. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    I got same issue...the starter motor is changed and then the prob is solved. The culprit is the unchanged battery. I was advised to change the battery even though the battery light is not on, as less power transmission will affect starter motor or alternator switch.

few days back I observed that I have to make sure that I press the key till the complete turn (I literally have to make sure) as it sometimes wont start if I just turn the complete key turn as I use to do before. My technician said that the ignition plate may not touch and I have to turn it hard till the end. This has been sorted now.

I have run my 2012 punto mjd for 77,000 kms on the old battery. But I still changed it as a preventive maintenance.

Am currently at 80,000 kms. It's still new..

My next car is avventura, but I still keep my red warship. No one overtook this as on date..
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks XLR8er :)
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    My car broke down today morning after i entered my office campus in prestige shantiniketan, whitefield. Heard a khat sound as i went over a speed breaker inside the campus. 15-20 meters ahead as the car went over another speed breaker, the front right wheel seemed to have collapsed and car stopped. had to call private tower to bring the car to sc as it the RSA period is over. Currently it is getting repaired at KHT motors.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @shams

OMG, what was the reason diagnosed? Any pics? Hope you get the car back at the earliest.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I am trying to upload pictures but tapatalk is playing smart!

ball and socket joint of front right lower arm gave way due to which the axle also came off its socket. the front right tyre hung loose and the car was resting on it from one corner. fender also got bent slightly.

thankfully it happened at very low speed. little more speed could have resulted in much more damage!