1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    In case of emergency, water can be used to topup and then you can top up with the concentrate paraflu. Nowadays the SC is selling paraflu UP which is prediluted.

The drop must be due to airgaps in the lines when they filled up during the overhaul. I observed that the level only falls after driving for a couple of days for long distances.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    just got it topped up with 1 Liter of paraflu and rest of normal water.

Looks like thats what had happened. there were no leaks.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where did you get that topped? All FASS's use the premixed Paraflu and no need to use water.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Shams, when the coolant leaks into the EGR, there are no visual signs of dripping of coolant, you would see only the level going down.

This happens in most of our cars, happened in my 75HP and also naveen2cool's. I assume that the FASS guys would have checked that too. Keep an eye on the level for next few days.
    1 person likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    got it topped up at Fass only. 1 liter paraflu can was emptied and rest was filled with water.

will surely keep an eye on the level for next few days. thanks aditya !
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The coolant level is between min and max till now so i guess its fine.

There was another problem today while starting the car in the afternoon.

Offlate sometimes the car has been starting in more than one turns of the key sometimes. this used to happen intermittently in a span of 3-4 days or so.

Today afternoon it didn't start at all after multiple attempts. engine was not cold as car was driven for more than 30 mins in the previous hour. one informed gentleman on the road saw this and asked me to check if the horn was working to rule out any battery problem.

Then he asked me to put the car in reverse and couple of guys pushed it for some 10 meters and I tried starting by releasing the clutch. it didn't start. but after that he told me to crank again and confidently said that now it will start. i cranked and it started. he said some times there is problem with self starter due to which this happens. we need to push a bit and get the car in motion and it will start.

Same problem happened again in the evening. this time i just released the handbrake to let the car roll for couple of feet and cranked after that and it started.

Now i am planning to visit SC at the earliest and find out what could be the problem. my guess is one or more glow plugs are gone due to slightly weak battery.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    It might be too soon to judge but you May want to consider checking the low pressure fuel pump in the fuel tank as well

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Happened with me as well ! I was stranded on the highway for 1/2 hr and then the road side assist car came. The issue turned out to be the Starter motor. I got it replaced under extended warranty. I had to pay only 400/- from my pocket and everything was done under warranty.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    My understanding is that the above battery is DIN55 sized. Can you post a picture of the battery after it is installed in your car. One idiot at a local battery store challenged me that a DIN55 battery would not fit in the Punto, so i'd like to show him.