1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Shams,
    Congrats on the getting her back. Wish and hope she runs without issues in the future for very very long time.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Good to know that Shams. :)

Sat, Shams is talking about the timing chain issue that became major affecting other compnents in the engine as it snapped while the car driven.
    1 person likes this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks zen and raj :)

Sat, never felt the need for a remap!
    from what i experienced on your car is that it does make some difference and is good to have :)

but then all good things come at a cost and since i am happy with stock, don't want to spend that much on it!
    2 people like this.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat should take the responsibility of faulty Timing chain and not informing the Car Owners to change the same at 60k by proper channels.This schedule change is not mentioned in the service manual and fault must have been discovered later by Fiat.I never knew about this (learned on Teamfiat forum later, thanks) nor the TASS informed me on the seriousness of the matter.I immediately got it done at 62000 kms after learning the same to save my warranty(and also previous effort and money spent on service) after learning the consequences of breakage of Timing chain to the engine.

We dont know how many car owners faced this dire situation and amount they have to shed to get the car going.I cam across Linea Petrol going through a complete/part engine head change(difficult to believe).The Mechanic told me the EW was rejected since the Timing belt was not changed as scheduled but the fight is still on to get the same approved.I was in hurry so didn't ask the reason of damage to the engine head (whether Timing belt related or something else)and later forgot about it.Even if the owner delayed the service for few '000 Kms it shouldn't effect the engine so much.This can be ? on the parts quality.

Diesel cars can be expensive if major fault comes.I came across a Laura owners crying spending Rs 40k for a Turbo, 65k on AC and more on gear shift even after getting the Turbo repaired in the warranty once.It would be a owners nightmare if major work comes and EW is denied due to little careless on the owners part. I saved RS 24000 for tubo+ 22000 for rack, Rs. 8000 for column thus total Rs 54K.Now my caar is out of EW so touch wood, finger cross.........

Dont take the warranty terms lightly and service should be taken care on or before the scheduled Kms.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Just completed reading your experience. Happy to see your car back to life :)

Warns us to stick perfectly to servicing intervals.
  6. Ahh! there you go , your should drive my car now, last time when you drove mine, i had a slight boost leak.
    1 person likes this.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    May not be the correct time to ask this question. May be insurance policies with Engine protection should have helped in this case. Won't it?
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    That might have helped. not sure about it though as there might be some hidden clause for this particular add-on
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    today evening there was maddening traffic alll the way on my way home from office in whitefield to cox town.

will let pictures do the talking :

2013-09-13 20.18.52.jpg

2013-09-13 20.19.21.jpg

2013-09-13 20.19.11.jpg

2013-09-13 20.19.00.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  10. Hmm bangalore traffic is setting new standardsnin city FE.