1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Shams,

Am happy that your car is back. Anyways apart from the bill be happy to drive her with care for sometime atleast.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Bharath! thats what I have planned to do :)

got problem no 1. mentioned above fixed on saturday. it took just 10 minutes for the electrician to figure out that a wire inside the fusebox cover was disconnected!
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Shams, Great to hear that your car is back in action and that the performance is as it used to be even after a mini-overhaul..
  4. Well, in my case, the EW got rejected with the explanation that I had gone 3869 kms extra for the service which should have been done at 45000 kms.

My argument is, when the service was finally done at 48299 kms, there was nothing wrong detected in the engine. Also, in the next service at 59964 kms, no issues got detected related to the engine. I visited the service centre a couple of times after the last service for running repairs, but nothing was brought into my attention related to any issues in the engine.

The odo of my car is at 73152 kms right now (24853 kms past the irregular service). The car was perfectly fine during all these kilometers, and stopped suddenly without any prior warnings.

If I go to consumer forum with these arguments, what do you guys think? Is my case strong enough?
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ No you don't. Your broke the #1 condition for any kind of warranty offered, so you do not have a strong case at all.

They are not liable for not detecting any issues in the 24K kms you drove after the warranty condition was broken.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    as i said my EW was also rejected for the same reason. 3rd service at 35000 instead of 30000. it is mentioned in the extended warranty booklet itself that for EW to be valid, vehicle should be serviced at manufacturer recommended schedule.
    hence we are at fault of not complying to their terms and conditions therefore i doubt anything positive will come out from consumer forum also.
    2 people like this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I got my rack changed under EW around at 55000 Kms.It took little time as my 45000 Kms service was not listed in the system.it was resolved once I produced the bill.Then came TURBO issue at 58000 Kms which got rejected in EW, reason given " air filter was not changed at 60000 Kms service"The SC goofed up the air filter thingi during the 60000 KMs so they got the TURBO done for me free.Last column got changed in EW.Now mr car is out of EW.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    post the brain surgery punto has been running fine without any problems. touchwood !
    2 people like this.
  9. You got your car remappped?