1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Glad that you have your car back in good shape. It is always a good idea to take it easy for a while, to allow the new parts to bed in properly. Though we tend to have an emotional bonding with our cars, remember - it is a machine :D

All the best.

2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

:wow Now remember, keep driving sedate like this for at least next 1 month.
    You can do an additional 20-30 km/hr at times but not more than that. Remember, engine needs a proper run-in.

Jokes apart, Congrats!! I could sense a lot of joy in your post:drinks
    1 person likes this.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

@shams Good to hear that you have your car back !!

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. shams

shams Esperto

that joy lasted only till I saw the bill . this was my reaction :eek:

posting it here:
    SAM_1302.JPG SAM_1303.JPG

KHT GM Suresh did his bit by increasing the labour/lathe discount to 50% to give me little bit of relief. Items 17,18,19 being consumables had to be paid in full.

couple of hiccups in the overall good SC experience were:

1. central locking is not working which was discovered only by me at delivery time that was 6:00 pm. electrician had left by then. so i need to take the car to sc again to get it fixed in case i want it done tomorrow. If next week, then Mr suresh would send his person wherever i ask for repair.

2. there was a small dent on left side of bonnet which i had seen in my earlier visit to sc while car was getting repaired. that will also be taken care but again i need to leave the car overnight for the paint to dry i was told.

In the end i am happy that punto is back but not without a pinch of salt due to the amount i had to shell out!!
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    6 people like this.
  5. Great to know that your car is back, and you received 50% discount on parts and labour.

I am in very much the same boat as you.

My Linea broke down when I was going to Ahmedabad from Bhavnagar, without any warnings. And the service centre has given me an estimate of Rs. 1,50,000 to get all the repairs done. :((
  6. @adtyajoshi37 , did your car also had timing chain snap?
  7. I am not sure if the problem happened because of timing chain. My car was towed to the service centre in Ahmedabad on Saturday night.

I went to check with the service centre on Monday morning, but the SA said the battery of my car was flat so they would need 24 hours before they could start it and check what exactly the problem was. He also said it would take at least 2-3 days altogether anyways. I didn't want to stay in Ahmedabad for so many days, so I returned back to Bhavnagar which is 180 km away.

I received a call from the SA next morning saying that the issue happened because of overheating. I am not sure if the timing chain had anything to do with this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

thanks aditya! i hope your car is in warranty/ extended warranty!
  9. Shams, my car is in extended warranty. The service centre didn't want to make a claim. But after I forcefully insisted, they made a claim for extended warranty, which got rejected :(

Europ Assistance rejected the warranty claim with the following comment:

From the service history we observed that 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] free service was done @ 29430 km’s and next service was done @ 48299 (i.e. 3869 km’s extra).

Hence this claim stands rejected.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

oops, you case looks similar to mine aditya! bad luck:( ! EW guys dont seem to budge in such cases! same thing happened to me. did you get information about whats wong with your car? how did they give you estimation without checking whats wrong? ask them to use a spare battery and check.

Now your best bet is mangesh! email him and ask for goodwill coverage! give reference of my case which might help you in getting atleast 50% discount on parts! labour depends on the dealer! try to get in touch with the seniormost person from the dealer!
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.