1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Update:
    camshaft has arrived and sent to lathe shop today. things seem to be on track for delivery on thursday!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Update:
    punto was supposed to be delivered today evening but Mr Suresh (GM service KHT) requested me to leave the car for one more day to which i agreed.
    he wants to keep the car under observation, with engine running for 2-3 hrs post mounting of engine head to have a thorough check and make sure that nothing is missed.

In the meantime I got a reply from Mangesh from Fiat in which he increased the goodwill discount on parts to 50%. Mr Suresh is giving 25% discount on labour and 25% on lathe work.

Feeling somewhat better now :)
    13 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems you have build good "goodwill" from Fiat and KHT, both :).

Hope work is done correctly and you start driving with full force again soon.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    after the car is delivered,i hope you will be maintianing the speed within 2000Rpm :) ,we can say run-in period for partially new engine ?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If you remember I had thanked Mangesh for his help in the past when we met him at Fiat plant last year. I reminded him about that on email maybe that helped :)

About KHT, i would have been there not less than 100 times for various reasons both small and big so that was expected!!
    hoping they do this job well!!

ganges, it will take some time to get the confidence back :p
    i am going to drive in a sedate manner for next few months atleast !!
    6 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is nice to hear.

We blast Fiat to death if something goes wrong with the service. And they surprise us by doing these 'goodwill' measures. I bet, no other manufacturer in India will do this. :)
    4 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Good. I am also recipient of good will gesture from FIAT for the replacement of 2 bent alloys. Hope, you will get back your Punto asap. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Shams am very happy that you need to pay lesser than the quote. I dont think that you need to maintain 2k rpm. Since just the head has been overhauled not the block or piston. You can drive happily again.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Happy to hear that news Shams.
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy to hear on the progress..that is good gesture from FIAT