1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

We have cars ready for delivery, but have a long waiting period for spares.

Hope your car is back to life asap, Shams. Good luck!!
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Atleast we don't have problem with fast moving spares these days!

This ordering and not receiving of parts is a different thing altogether. planning to check out personally at the spares counter tomorrow if the part has actually been ordered or not. Once i have the correct information, will escalate the matter accordingly!

sad but its true that with any major repair work, things don't move at a speed we would like them to, unless escalated.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The way you are demoralized, it's hurting mate. Okk... here is something to pep you up!!

who said Passion and Driving Ecstasy comes at no cost?

Who says Money can't buy happiness, when people buy their dreams in the shape of a Ferrari and be happy ever after?

If the Earth is hell, i hope we will continue to have lovely cars like Punto in Heaven too!

Enough of consolidation and sympathy, lets get it done whatever it costs and start rocking again. I am sure you are feeling better now:p
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Not demoralized Enki. had got used to the comfort of car so much that riding bike in heavy traffic and rains drains out energy like anything.

i am trying my best to hasten things up by pushing the concerned people as much as i can. until yesterday had been visiting the SC everyday once in the morning while going to office and once in the evening while returning. presently the action has shifted to the lathe shop which is quite far and nothing is happening in the SC so i didn't go since yesterday.

spare part delay is the latest problem which i will sort out tomorrow!

Thanks for your nice lines :)
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

I am really sorry about the state of your car buddy. Feels very sad that FIAT and SC together not doing what ever it takes to sort out a loyal customers issue at the earliest. This huge delays reminds me of a discussion with Vecto head recently where he claimed many spare parts still arrive from Italy.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

@shams I don't know if we could blame SC or FIAT for this spare part problem. I also was sick and tired of it.

Finally escalated it to FIAT and then had to raise my voice at dealer Aadya motors in order to force them to help me out.

Hope things get better and your Punto comes back to life again.

Cheers :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You bet it does. I remember riding LML Vespa when my car was taken away by one friend for a day (proud possession of my father which he is hell bent not to scrap for all unknown reasons in the world!:A). Had to go to the metro station on this to catch the train to office, man!! It was scary in hilarious ways!! How do i describe that, I was not able to resist the feeling of landing on my face every now and then.

But whatever, i am less concerned about you being wet or facing issues in daily commutation, what i am really worried about is when engine is repaired and packed up again, will the performance and driving fun of it remain intact? I am not very literate on diesel engines. Can only guess from the petrol cars that i owned before. I changed head gasket and since then, it was a different car altogether.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams, as an auto enthusiast we understand your frustration. Don't worry, you aren't alone. As you rightly pointed out, any major repair would warrant unexpected delays. My friend's Verna met with an accident a month back. It was lying untouched at Hyundai service for @20 days. About a week's delay in claim approval and the rest due to unavailability of spares! So in some way or the other every car owner, irrespective of brand he owns has to go through this tough phase.

Wish your Punto a speedy recovery.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

checked in the system at KHT spares counter, camshaft was ordered on 16th that was tuesday. Its status was showing as 'Invoiced and despatched on 17th". On checking with Bluedart, they told it has come to bangalore and it will be delivered on Monday!

Once it arrives, it will be sent to lathe shop. after the engine head comes back from lathe shop post fitting of camshaft and valves, SC needs couple of days to mount the engine and test it fully.

KHT gm suresh has promised me delivery maximum by thursday!
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    5 people like this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Shams thats positive news. Hope they give your ride back asap in good condition.