1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    UPDATE:
    In the lathe shop it has been found that 16th valve got damaged and needs to be replaced.

SC has placed VOR order (Vehicle Off Road, supposed to be shipped by flight)
    for it today. VOR order for camshaft was placed on saturday but it is still to be received!
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It really comes by flight? And if so, is it coming from another planet?
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    They told it takes minimum of three days and saturday being a holiday, camshaft would have been shipped on monday. expected to arrive today/tomorrow!!
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Today i got an update from the SC that in the lathe shop it has been found that ALL 16 valves need to be replaced. 8 were available with the SC and rest 8 have been ordered!! camshaft has not arrived yet.

another update is that mangesh has asked the SC GM to waive 25% on spare parts and GM said he would be waiving 20 % on labour charges.

Even with this I will end up paying close to 30000 so i have requested for full waiver again. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    And the camshaft is still on it's way I presume. What flight are they using? Carrier Pigeons? If you order from UK on your own or even from 99rpm, your car would have been back on the road already.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    True Rajan!
    riding bike for two hrs everyday since last wednesday! not a single day i reach home without getting wet :sadblue
    i do love riding but not in rains + traffic!
    1 person likes this.
  7. So it looks like shipping the parts still taking time from your update. I was also told that, parts shipping will be done through flight and was in a impression that it will come on saturday. After seeing your update,I am worried whether my parts ordered will be coming by next week.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I strongly believe that the SCs are playing spoilsport here. I do not think the SCs want to block Capex by maintaining healthy levels of inventory. Hence the delay. Unless we see FIATs in considerable numbers on the roads, the SC's perspective will not change. Unless the SC's attitude changes, we will not see healthy volumes of FIATs being sold.

It is a vicious cycle, with us, the existing owners at the receiving end :A :A

Rajan
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    but i dont understand why FIAT is sitting like a dud and just watching over these things.
    Why cant they specify that if you want to be a FIAT Dealers you are suppose to follow these constraints and one of which is to maintain the inventory list that we "ASK" you to maintain.
    We have already seen the timing chain issue running in this forum.
    The case of valves might be an exception here as its difficult to perceive such failures but even then the rest of the parts at least!. hmm

Airmail ? what a joke you travel from US to india in under 24hrs .
    If its any respite i dont think other brands have any healthier inventory either, but then we are happy to point fingers only so that's illogical
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If they do that, who do you think will be even interested in even considering taking up a FIAT dealership? All of us have Maruti to thank for being able to enjoy our awesome machines. If they did not buy the engines from FIAT, they would not have existed for us now.

@FIAT - I know and appreciate you have been around for 114 years. Great. Now can you start to please live in the present times and stop basking in the glory of your bygone past? I think you have a lesson or two to learn from Ford.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.