1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Shams, Wish your punto speedy recovery
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Same EW guy who told me to send the request again on friday told me today that EW cannot be approved even if you send again since there is a problem in my car's service history. He said if you still want to try, then forward the email and he will send it to United India.

Have sent email to Mangesh yesterday night but haven't received any response till now. He is the last hope! By any chance anyone has his contact no? The contact numbers that I have are not responding..

In the meantime, repair work is going on. engine head has been sent to a lathe shop in JC road today for check/repair.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is the problem with your car's service history?
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I was just wondering why 60k service history was not showing up in the system and started worrying about my 60k service getting reflected in the system. Is it possible that KHT still doesn't have full access to the FIAT DMS? Is that the reason for not having the service feedback call from either KHT or FIAT? Anyways, as I dont want to take chances, I mailed both service.India and mangesh requesting to ensure that my service history is updated in the FIAT system.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If I were you, I would have checked with the SC first before emailing Mangesh! No wonder if he stops responding to our emails if we keep involving him for such things!
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You may be right that mangesh will stop responding if we all flood his mail box with such silly queries. But I do that when I fail to get the required information from SAs like Kuldeep, who never care to give full information or at least some to customers, and who keeps saying "Gimme 10 mins, I will call you back" each time I make a call and never calls back.
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    got a reply from Mangesh today evening stating :

"Thank you for your communication , regret the inconvenience. Matter is coordinated with region /dealer, we will revert back to you ."

On checking with the dealer GM, I was told that Mangesh has asked for details which would have been sent today evening.

I had mentioned about the problem in service history in the email itself!!

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best!!
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's good news Sham! I hope that your loss should at least be deemed if not covered everything under warranty.

This extended warranty thing doesn't look like much of the use. My Car will complete it's 2 yrs in October and i will ensure that i get replaced Strut caps before FIAT's warrantee ends up and ball goes into bugger's court. There is some Chnooo-Chnooo sound heard from the rear suspension especially when it was a rainy day.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks enki! do get them checked soon. for suspensions there is an additional cap of 35k kms which might come into picture.
    About EW, since it is from an insurance company, they will reject it for the smallest possible reason. we should always keep our service history clean. any scheduled service should not be delayed by more than 1000 kms. If such a situation arises where it gets delayed by more than 1000 kms, make sure the SC enters acceptable figures in the system!
    These are my learnings :)

Post this repair, since the engine has been opened, i am not sure how long can i drive before any other major problem crops up!
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013