1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Have already asked for it. lets see what is the response.

Ramesh, i wont accept a Tjet as a loaner car because after driving it for few days it will be tough to go back to punto! there is a big risk of getting addicted to it!! :p:p
    3 people like this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Addiction is good Shams.

Tough luck with the car, hope everything gets sorted out soon.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    just called the sc to ask if they sent the request to claim ew for opening the engine head. received a hiccup when they told that the earlier claim for timing kit has been rejected. not sure what is the reason. will come to know tomorrow . until this is cleared and then the next request is approved, they won't start the work.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    I think the rejection might be because of not replacing the TC during 60k service?

First of all I was in a confusion state whether to change TC or not. Now aft seeing this getting more confused.

Anyways Sham if they reject as I told. Do not accept since they (FASS) are th one did not recommended for replacement during service.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. My car is at KHT workstation for more than 20 days. As I don't have another car/bike, travelling in bus taking 1.5 hours ,going to office only once in a week. Working from home for the remaining days.

They were not ready to give any alternate car.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Straight away show them the Service manual and tell them there is nothing about Timing chain replacement in it. If they tell you about the circular, just blast at them asking if the circular was sent to you.

And there is no written record given to any customer anywhere apart from the only Circular pic posted in this forum. So the customer is totally innocent, FIAT/the EW company does not have a case to blame the customer anyway.

The only circular we saw on this forum never mentioned even a Punto 90 HP. It just said LINEA, so it's FIAT's headache.

If the EW company does not ack this, i believe FIAT will anyway do this as Goodwill as if they are doing us a favor.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    praveen my car is immobile now and yours is showing check engine light. both cases are entirely different buddy:) anyways i am not very hopeful about it. as far as i know kht dont even have loaner cars

that should not be the case as like vj_v1 said, fiat has recommended this only for mjd lineas! will come to know tomorrow whats the reason.

Rejecting is not service centers problem so blasting them will not help. Instead its the extended warranty company (Global in my case) which is the culprit. SC guys are co-operative and are trying to help me.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  8. What is the mileage on your car now Shams? Really sad to see this issue.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    mileage is 61xxx kms
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I somehow feel that in most rejection cases, it is the service center that is responsible. Because they don't know how to properly describe the issue. I have an EW rejection slip as proof. The EW company and FIAT requires immense skill to decipher what the EW executive at ASS has written. Result is outright rejection. If someone thinks that pictures are proof, then you can take pictures from any other break-down vehicle and submit them. It is not really fool proof.
    There are some other SC's who genuinely try to help customers as well. During my friend's Punto 75 hp's 60k service, his timing chain was replaced using extended warranty, showing it as an emergency break down service. His car was two and half years old and had done 59000 kms.